2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LINE OF FIRE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
dmdenike
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LINE OF FIRE!!!!

So I installed a Line of Fire on the Ram tonight. It came out great. My truck doesnt have the tow package so I had to purchase the trailer light hook up. Its real easy because its plug-and-play. It connects into my tailights. Anyway, onceI had the trailer lights I could mount the Line of Fire. It took some time but i didnt half-*** it. I screwed it into place because the cheapo adheasive tape didnt seem to work. This thing lights up great! Its very bright and was worth the $80 (between the trailer light attachment and the Line of Fire). Ill post pics when I get my camera back.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to let yall know it looks great on our trucks!

Dmdenike

Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LINE OF FIRE!!!!

OUCH! $80!
I just put one on before Xmas from JC Whitney for $29 and I like it alot! Very bright. In fact I'm thinking of installing a resistor on the running light wire to tone it down a bit and make it more distinguishable from the brake light circuit. Adavance sells them for $45ish.
I have a topper and mounted it up high above the window. Very noticable from any distance and even in bright daylight.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what does the line of fire do and what is it

Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
heybuddy1901
Professional

ORIGINAL: WayneC

OUCH! $80!
I just put one on before Xmas from JC Whitney for $29 and I like it alot! Very bright. In fact I'm thinking of installing a resistor on the running light wire to tone it down a bit and make it more distinguishable from the brake light circuit. Adavance sells them for $45ish.
I have a topper and mounted it up high above the window. Very noticable from any distance and even in bright daylight.
$45 for a resistor????

they are 5 for a dollar at radio shack

Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, did I say that?! haha
OK bad sentence structure. I meant that Advance sells the light bar for that. The resistor should go for about 50 cents LOLOL

Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's an LED light bar (I didn't know either)
http://www.altecproducts.com/products_lineoffire.htm

Old 01-06-2008, 02:08 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I think im ordering one of those soon!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:17 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how does it mount with the spare tire thing under the gate? I've thought about gettinga bar but didn't know howit would mount up with that spare thing there

Old 01-06-2008, 02:21 AM
dodgeman22
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does it mount with the spare tire thing under the gate? I've thought about gettinga bar but didn't know howit would mount up with that spare thing there
thats a good question, is there enought space above it to avoid the spare tire thing

Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
dmdenike
Professional

ORIGINAL: dodgeman22

thats a good question, is there enought space above it to avoid the spare tire thing
Actually, there are these black things that you mount it with so the bar doesnt touch the actual truck, and they push them back far enough so that they dont interfeer with the spare tire mount. Its really nice. lights up well.

The bar was $49. The trailer light adapter was $24. So right around $80 with tax.

tdmopar59- Ill snap some pics tonight when its dark, it looks better in pictures at night.

Quick Reply: LINE OF FIRE!!!!