2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
veilside3kgt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!

well my dad had a 97 like mine and it was a great truck....so I had a 93 chevrolet silverado (beater) that blew a rod and the 4wd went out in the same week...so it was time to find something nice and I came across the great looking truck that I have now....

Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price.
Quad cab gave room for the kiddies.
VW Golf isn't a good way to get stuff to the dump.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
sandmanmi

it was my moms uncles truck. i felllove withitthe frist timethat i looked at it when i was15.when i got my lic. all my frends drove gm truck so i did to wouldent drive any think but gm. still have my k5jimmy. but any way about 16 months ago i droveit for a cuple of days whyll i did some work to it fell in love all over agen. so i told hem when hedecided that he was going to sell it to let me knowb/c i wanted it. he just sead that he was never goning to sale it he lovedit to much to.then 10 months ago hepast awayand mygr. ant told me that he wanted me to have it. you ever hear the country soung pivit maloyyah my gr.uncle rides with me avery ware i go to. it sounds odd but i know hes helped me more than once.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
BoDuke1987
Rookie

I had a 96 ford ranger, 2wd, 4.0l extended cab that i had for 2 months after the tranny and rear differential went out in my 87 chevy 4x4. I was dating a beautiful model at the time while i was in the military. She had an 01 dodge ram 1500. It was red, extended cab with the 318. Well I spent the next week searching for a dodge that i liked. I found mine sitting about 350 miles away. It was ablack 2000 1500 Ram, aftermarket rims on it, a sport model, full leather interior, 4 door, and it had the 360. Plus the front end looked so mean because of the way they redesigned the grill and bumper on the sport models. So I test drove it anditcame home with the that weekend. I put mud tires on it,aluminum diamond plate toolbox,chrome bed bars, gasdoor, exhaust, and setup the intake. I showed itto herand she was impressed. Man she looked goodbeside my truck.Shame I am not with her anymore. Its mine cuz of her.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
RamMan_8520
Rookie

I bought mine cause the price first of all, low miles second and really nice condition and CHUCK NORRIS has one!!!! HAHAHA

Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted a 1997 Silverado with a vortec, but that was 12500 as opposed to the 8500 I paid for my 1996 in 2003 (It came with a 3" susp lift, mopar chip, and exhaust...plus a new tranny was put in at 72,000 and I bought it at 90,000).

It came with what i would have done with it.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Tarner
Professional

I've always like the look of the Rams. Then one day I just went out and bought one.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Solid axles, manual shift transfer case, 360 cubic inches, had around 250 hp, had over 300 lb-ft of torque, 4.10 gears, ext. cab, roomy cabin (i'm tall), able to fit 33 inch tires without lift, black, and aftermarket support.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
92GreenYJ
Professional

Got a promotion to a management position that landed me at a store that was a bit of a commute. Riding the Busa was all well and good until the weather started to turn cold and rainy. My YJ isn't exactly the most reliable or gas sipping and wasn't exactly built for highway driving and commuting. So I decided it was time for a new vehicle I could use as a commuter and daily driver. I also decided i wanted a pick up to haul my quad trailer around with and such. I was originally looking at smaller trucks. Rangers, Tacomas, etc. I went to a used car dealership by my work that had a nice little 4x4 S-10 listed on their website only to find out it had sold the previous day. So I started looking at their other offerings and noticed what is now my Ram sitting on the other side of the lot from the Ranger I was looking over. So I wandered over and started checking out the Ram. Took her for a test drive, came back and started the paperwork. Left it at the dealership overnight and had my Mom drive me to work the next day so I could pick it up and bring it home. Its nice to know I have a truck big enough to haul my Jeep if i want to

Old 01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Matt Harwood
Professional

I bought this truck ONLY because of how it looks.

I needed a work truck. This one showed up on Ebay and is exactly what I wanted when they first came out: red over silver 4x4 extended cab longbed with chrome wheels. It was local, too, so it seemed like fate for me to have it. It's been a love/hate relationship ever since.

Don't get me wrong, it works HARD. I've hauled 2 yards of gravel, fill dirt, a entire tree's worth of firewood, a pallet of concrete--50 eighty pound bags!--and my race car on a trailer, (but not all at once :P). It carries huge loads and has probably paid for it self several times over just in saved delivery fees from Home Depot and the garden center (Mr. Suburbanite with his Volvo has truck envy as I carry anything I can buy at Home Depot while he straps plywood to his roof). But reliability is spotty and it's a royal pain to work on since everything has rusted solid underneath (body is very clean).

If I were doing it again, I'd get a 2500 diesel of one kind or another (maybe not a Dodge again, though), and probably consider a new one, not used. At least that way I know who the ******* was who screwed it up.

Quick Reply: WHAT MADE YOU BUY YOUR RAM!!!