2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst Install Results Part 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fitch Fuel Catalyst Install Results Part 1

The install for the Fitch Fuel Catalyst (FFC) was easy. Just took some doing to get the fuel line off the rail. Also, I didn't realize i had no teflon tape and had to get some today to screw in the fittings.

Well, the in line FFC is what i ordered. It is a direct install for 94-2001 rams and cost about 175. I started to drive it today, and i noticed better throttle response. The most i noticed it was when i was traveling up hills/overpasses. I didn't have to press down on the pedal as far to keep speed. Also, the idle and acceleration sounded smoother all around. The mod did not transform my truck into a speed demon, but it made me more pleased with the overall drive of my truck. I had thought i had a problem with my TPS, but I think it was fuel quality since this install.

Performance wise, i am pleased. If the mileage improves then it will be worth the 175 pricetag.

It is still too early to gauge mileage, but i am doing a fuelREGULATOR replacement this weekend and I will fillup with 92 octane, drive 200 miles and fillup. Then divide 200 from the amount of fuel i filled into the tank to get my MPG. Currently i am at 11.5 MPG.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Fitch Fuel Catalyst Install Results Part 1

You're changing out your fuel pump, or the regulator, or what? There is not separate fuel filter on these trucks, you know.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You should give it a week or two and see what the resutls are (time for the PCM to adjust, and time for you to get a few tanks in to get an average), then do the other mods you have planned. If you do too many things now, you'll never know for sure what it was that gave you your mpg gain or loss. Keep us posted though.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:41 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VWAND I meant the regulator. However i don't have any problems that screams for the replacement. It just hasn't been replaced in 50,000 miles so i thought it was due for a change and gave me a reason to avoid the wife for a few hours this weekend. But i will take your advice silver. I will give it a couple tanks and post the results of AVG MPG. THen I will post results for lower octanes. That way I can know if I really need to run 92 octane as it states since I have the Mopar chip.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted on the results. The fitch thing has been around for years, but I never knew of anyone that used one.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: CPTAFW163

VWAND I meant the regulator. However i don't have any problems that screams for the replacement. It just hasn't been replaced in 50,000 miles so i thought it was due for a change and gave me a reason to avoid the wife for a few hours this weekend. But i will take your advice silver. I will give it a couple tanks and post the results of AVG MPG. THen I will post results for lower octanes. That way I can know if I really need to run 92 octane as it states since I have the Mopar chip.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Actually, replacing the pressure regulator at 50,000 is a smart move. They act like a fuel filter.

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst Install Results Part 1