2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whistling/whining from heater vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whistling/whining from heater vents

Noticed it only happens when I'm getting deep in the throttle or going pretty fast... it also gets louder as the engine revs higher. It doesn't change with different blower speeds, but it goes away when the heat is full on. Not losing water, no coolant smell, heater works great... IDK what it is but its annoying....

Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: whistling/whining from heater vents

Have you ckthe o-ring gasket on top of thethrottle body openning? Or maybe a blowen intake gasket, this was a big problem with the V-10's.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:22 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whistling/whining from heater vents

I'm actually pretty sure that the o-ring on top of the throttle body is gone, and I haven't checked my plenum gasket. I just changed the oil again yesterday, and noticed that it was about a quart low, and it's not leaing under the truck.... so I really hope I don't have to do the plenum gasket. Thanks for the info.... I'll look down into my throttle body in a little while, and hopefull it will b dry.

Quick Reply: whistling/whining from heater vents