2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upgrading my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
RUgbykid69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Upgrading my truck

ohhh..rocker arms=roller rockers gotcha now haha.. but doesnt that require removing the cams and everything??.. and whats a stand alone breather??..and ill probably save a lil money then hit up autozone and start working on that project

Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 PM
fivenine ram
Professional

i was gunna do sumthin similar to what yall are talkin about but where else can i find the breather yall are talkin about autozone is a good distance away and my truck wont make it that far[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fivenine ram

i was gunna do sumthin similar to what yall are talkin about but where else can i find the breather yall are talkin about autozone is a good distance away and my truck wont make it that far[sm=headbang.gif]
Look at the picture I put in the 4th post. The breather is the chrome thing sticking out of the back of the driver side valve cover. The breather that's in there with the stock setup has a hose running from it into the aircleaner so it come out when you take the airbox out. It's only about a $6 at any autoparts store. I beleive it's 1 1/4 size.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:07 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The "custom work" I was referring to was bending the rod.

Sorry if I made it sound really complicated, but technically, it is custom work.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

ORIGINAL: jason.w

The "custom work" I was referring to was bending the rod.

Sorry if I made it sound really complicated, but technically, it is custom work.
oh, I gotcha. Some people think it won't fit if you don't re route your wiring harness or do a body lift. I mean obviously either one would make it a bit easier, but is not necessary.

as for the rod being bent it ain't all that lol. Screw it in the whole way first. Mark it off where you're going to cut it, mark it again on the side facing toward the windshieldso you know which way to bend it. Put a nut on it so after you bend it you can take the nut off and it will re-thread the rod where you bend it.Bend it back far enough to clear the hole in your air cleaner, then bent it up straight again. You can do it with your hands.

While you'rein there it's a good time to pop your throttle body off and look inside the intake for plenum leakage. Take the throttle body and clean it up with some carb cleaner. (If you're bored take a grinder and grind down the entire surface of the throttle body until it 100% flat)

Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM
RamIt964x4

Heres What i would do for performance mods. definatly a CAI or some sort of aftermarket air cleaner, i would also recommend a throttle body spacer. I understand You dont want to modify the exhaust but it is hard to increase HP with the restriction of a stock exhaust, i would highly reccomend atleast a free flow muffler something like a thrush turbo series muffler will increase exhaust flow and not be very loud. And finally stay away from those chips on ebay you are asking for problems if your gonna put one in do it right and buy a quality chip or a tuner.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Throttle body spacers are worthless, dont buy one, and plus if you get a spacer you won't be able to put your 14x3 air cleaner on

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

ORIGINAL: RamIt964x4

Heres What i would do for performance mods. definatly a CAI or some sort of aftermarket air cleaner, i would also recommend a throttle body spacer.
Why would your reccomend a throttle body spacer?

Old 02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
nolazach
Veteran

Alot of people who get them, do swear on them. I bought on just because it might make the CAI look cooler, then I decided not to go with the CAI. I don't know if I will even put the spacer on, I think I wasnt the mopar filter, or an oval one; haven't seen that yet.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
v10power
Professional

i would recommend a Throttle body spacer..... for a paper weight for your reciepts for productive products.

Quick Reply: Upgrading my truck