2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ughhh first accident :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:01 PM
8t5gt
|
Veteran
Default ughhh first accident :(

hey guys. just thought id vent a little. so yesterday im at the liquor store and i pull up to the door(fire lane) to drop my sister off right. i let her out put it in reverse ( i looked out the mirrors quick and started going backwards. i hear a honk and people going omg , i look around like whut then i open my door and realized my bumper found its way onto someones montana lmao i didnt even feel it in the truck. why they were parked ina a firelane is beyond me. so the lady gets out i get her van off my truck (no damage to me obviously, its a dodge!) her headlight is busted n fender smashed in no biggie. now i gotta pay for it , i hope its no more thant like 2500, just for a headlight and new fender n repaint. ya no? i like being in the ram in accidents lol i can tell already

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:06 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: ughhh first accident :(

Insurance? Its gonna be more than 2500 IMO, Our neighbor accidentally shot our 06 Town and Country with a BB gun, it was $750 just fix that.

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:18 PM
8t5gt
|
Veteran

ah **** lol i figure 350 to buy a fender., bought 800 to paint and 200 for a headlight ? no im paying it goodbuy lift kit tint n bullbar) my trucks gonna be on hold for about a year now

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:20 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

did you get the bottle at least??[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:26 PM
Moparkid032
Professional

yea..i remeber my first accident...luckily my truck was lifted..i was making a right turn at an intersection and the oncoming lane had a grren arrow..and a lady bounced off my left front tire...if it was stock height it would of been way worse..needless to say only a scratched bumper for her and a scuffed tire for me since we aere going like 5 mph

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:30 PM
8t5gt
|
Veteran

f*ckin right i got my vodka used it all last night too, i needed it

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:38 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star

ORIGINAL: 8t5gt

hey guys. just thought id vent a little. so yesterday im at the liquor store and i pull up to the door(fire lane) to drop my sister off right. i let her out put it in reverse ( i looked out the mirrors quick and started going backwards. i hear a honk and people going omg , i look around like whut then i open my door and realized my bumper found its way onto someones montana lmao i didnt even feel it in the truck. why they were parked ina a firelane is beyond me. so the lady gets out i get her van off my truck (no damage to me obviously, its a dodge!) her headlight is busted n fender smashed in no biggie. now i gotta pay for it , i hope its no more thant like 2500, just for a headlight and new fender n repaint. ya no? i like being in the ram in accidents lol i can tell already
You get a police report? You might be able to get out of it since they were not parked in a parking spot, but rather a firelane. which is technically illegal to park in.

right?

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:47 PM
8t5gt
|
Veteran

i reaaaaaaaaaly dont wanna go through insurances lol. or have police reports involved. so im taking the heat and then getting tow mirrors when i have money., and checkin each mirror for about 1 minute before reversin or better idea only go forward

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:02 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I remember my first accident was with a 2nd genwhite 2500 dodge ram. ha! the guy was backing out of a parkingspot, and backed right into my front fender on my mustang. My fender buckled on my old stang... :-( Yup, the corner of his bumper went inbetween my passenger door and wheel. I get a buckled fender, he gets paint chips that flew off of my fender because it was so cold out. he gets out of his truck and looks at his bumper, looks at me, and chuckles a bit. takes his hand and brushes the chips off of his bumper, then comes over to me like it was my fault. LMAO.. needless to say I won that battle. From then on I was sold. lol, thats why I love my ram so much.

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:03 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I would have for sure gotten a police report. Not getting one in a situation like this just sounds like a bad idea.

Quick Reply: ughhh first accident :(