2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem Still Around...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem Still Around...

no, the 2nd shop did 2 seperate compression tests and said cylinder #7 is fine. i had them pull the head and make sure nothin was cracked, i think they would have said it had a cracked head gasket. the truck is not throwin any codes.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
zddp8868
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

no, the 2nd shop did 2 seperate compression tests and said cylinder #7 is fine. i had them pull the head and make sure nothin was cracked, i think they would have said it had a cracked head gasket. the truck is not throwin any codes.
does it happen at wot andpart throttle? does the engine stumble when u slam the pedal to the floor?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

its more noticeable when the tranny is about to shift, it kinda shutters/bucks. sounds like bood d d (stutter/buck) *change gear* (for a lack of better sound) in the exaust. you can feel it in the gas pedal as well. on the highway around 55-60-65 it bucks and is well noticed. above 70 it is fine.

other mechanics even the stealership here (which techs prolly SUCKS, cause im down here in the sticks) said they couldnt find a miss. so i immediately though tranny. took it to the tranny shop(and i know they would love a 2600 dodge rebuild) and they said it was a misfire. tranny was rebuilt and internally upgraded to tow a 5th wheel camper a couple years ago, but i know previous owner well and it was babied. this engine is also new for the truck, it only has about 78 k miles on it.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:39 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

bump... anyone else??

Old 02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
v10power
Professional

How about the injectors? I don't recall you saying anything about them. Thats the only thing i could think of with a single cyl. Just a thought. Good luck.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: v10power

How about the injectors? I don't recall you saying anything about them. Thats the only thing i could think of with a single cyl. Just a thought. Good luck.
i dunno v10, ive never really messed with em. how do i go about checkin em?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Have you changed the Dist cap lately?? If not then do that and replace the rotors and wires too

When i first bought my truck the motor was just replaced, and the douche bags who put it in cracked the Dist cap, When i was lugging the motor goin like 55 in OD it would have miss. But it wasnt very noticeable

Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: TheForce55555

Have you changed the Dist cap lately?? If not then do that and replace the rotors and wires too

When i first bought my truck the motor was just replaced, and the douche bags who put it in cracked the Dist cap, When i was lugging the motor goin like 55 in OD it would have miss. But it wasnt very noticeable
i have new wires on it, the shop checked the cap and rotor and plugs and said they were all fine.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
v10power
Professional

Well i had plugged up fuel injectors on my V10. I took them out of the intake and gave them an ultra sonic cleaning. There was alot of crud that came out of them. I don't believe a visual inspection to be very promising to decide wether or not they need cleaning. Doing the cleaning of the fuel system sometimes are not enough to get them screens clean. My truck was acting just like yours at first then it got to the point where it show a pretty good mis at idle. Going down the road the truck shook very violently. Anyways i'm sorta getting off topic kinda. There is plenty of in depth threads on Ultra sonic cleaning of injectors. This is what i did though, I went to wally world and got a jewelery ultra sonic cleaner big enough to put an injector in. I believe it cost me around 35 dollars. I bought some Mineral spirts to put them in to do the cleaning, but i also added in some sea foam. After i got the injectors out of the intake i took the O-rings off and put them two by two into the cleaner with the mineral spirts and sea foam solution. After 30 min cycle with all of them i dryed them off and put NEW O-rings on them. Right before i reinstalled them i put alittle sea foam in the fuel rail after i soaked the fuel rail in sea foam. Reinstalled everything and truck ran excellent far exceeded my expectations. Like i said it's just a thought on your truck. If its not mechanical thats causing this on one cylinder it has to be fuel or spark related and I Believe you pretty much exhausted to spark issue. Just my thoughts on it.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

alright i appreciate that v10, im gonna give that a try when i get a little more moula in the bank

Quick Reply: Problem Still Around...