2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Radio Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CB Radio Mounting

I'll snap some pictures of my rig up job when I get home either thursday or friday. Shoot, I may even pull it out and paint it black while im home.

Just curious motorbrreath, why do you run a swr meter next to your cb? Once you have your antenna's tuned, you should be good unless ur using it as a matcher? Eitherway, another gauge on the dash always looks good.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

i have mine on the underdash (i guess you would call it) right above the 4x4 shifter. its perfect.

I have mine mounted in the same place, and since mine is a smaller unit, I have it at a small angle, to face me. I like it there. Easy to reach, and out of the way.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I dont think he can mount it in the same spot as you guys did on the dash. I know you guys have the older dash so nothing is there. In mine and probably the OP's since his is a 2000, we have the flip down cup holders. If you don't use em, then go ahead. I dont use them often, but thats no reason to block of something that works.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: pcfixerpro

I'll snap some pictures of my rig up job when I get home either thursday or friday. Shoot, I may even pull it out and paint it black while im home.

Just curious motorbrreath, why do you run a swr meter next to your cb? Once you have your antenna's tuned, you should be good unless ur using it as a matcher? Eitherway, another gauge on the dash always looks good.
its a swr/power meter i use it to measure my power. there is a swr meter on the radio, but its not always accurate. i used to be runnin a radio shack, and then i switched to the cobra (which meter is wayy better) and i just kept it on. plus it looks cool lol

Quick Reply: CB Radio Mounting