2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Radio Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Radio Mounting

I bought a new Galaxy 10 meter radio. I want to mount it where the compassis.( I dont have one). I dont want the radio wire to hang down. I was wondering how chrysler ran the harness for the compass. All i need to run is the power and antenna cable.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CB Radio Mounting

No idea on that but I have a Wunder mount like this.
http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/sa_dodge_cb_mount.htm

I love it.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I pretty much made my mount from a 2x4. I do not have pictures to show you (sorry), but if you get the length underneath that seat from side to side. cut a 2x4 to that size, cut another to that size. Screw em together. Cut an angled piece twice and nail to 2x4's, then slap another 2x4 on top of the two angled pieces. screw the bracket to it, and your golden. If I go home this weekend or next, ill see if i can snap a few pictures. I'm cheap so I wouldnt spend 45 bux on that thing. I built mine for free basically with scrap stuff laying around. I am just afraid of how you are gonna mount that cb up to the roof?? i mean you can hide the wires behind the headliner, but.. you gonna drill through your headliner too for the mounts?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah how are you going to mount it thats stong enough to hold it? I don't like the idea because it seems like it could fall on your head a lot easier if you ever are in a wreck or something like that. Or even for normal driving. I don't want that heavy thing falling on me.

I like the Wunder mount as I didn't want to take the time to make a mount out of metal and I didn't want a used one. It probably would have cost me a lot to make it myself so I figured it was worth the $45. I like how it bolts under the seat to the seat bracket. You just slide it inbetween the seat and seat bracket and put the bolts back in. It's a great setup.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional

My Galaxy is pretty big. I held it there and it looks pretty bulky. I thought about removing the garage opener door and behind there is some pretty heafty screws. I have a cobra mountedin my 94 but that jus had the lights and the sunglass holder. How do you remove the headliner? I have never attempted this. my 94 doesnt have one soo.. I havenoidea.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

dont quote me, but you have to take the visors off, and the side pieces ... uh... (where the oh **** handle is, and on the driver side as well). um.. you pull it down enough that way to hide wires, but if your gonna be fab'n up a mount, i'd pull it all the way out. I have an ext cab so I have the pieces in the back as well to take out. I don't know about a standard cab. I think the headliner is clip'd in there so pry softly. Wait for someone else who has removed the head liner before 2 give you the details, but taht is the process so I hear.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:22 PM
hayman

run your wires under your head protector over to your a post on the left side the plastice pulls off then you have a straight shot to the fuse block. as for mounting the roof is doubled so all idid was run three self tappers 5/16x 1 up in there then your wires come out by you windsheild no one will ever see them

Old 02-03-2008, 11:01 PM
JCliffordd
Professional

I ran the wire on my frame then put it through the 4 on the floor it just unscrews after you remove the leather over it.
then wired it ubove the 4 wheel drive on that huge plastic section.
Works perfect and looks great.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

i have mine on the underdash (i guess you would call it) right above the 4x4 shifter. its perfect.

Name:  33.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  8.3 KB

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Chopper1
All Star

Quick Reply: CB Radio Mounting