2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone had trouble bolting on Mopars deep tranny pan? The holes dont line up correctly.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Ray Salazar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone had trouble bolting on Mopars deep tranny pan? The holes dont line up correctly.

tranny pan problems!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Has anyone had trouble bolting on Mopars deep tranny pan? The holes dont line up correctly.

Nope I've seen pictures of them on but I don't have one. I kind of wish I had gotten one though. I may end up adding it later on. Where is the best place to get it?

Are you sure you have it turned the correct way and that you got the correct one for your tranny?

Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone had trouble bolting on Mopars deep tranny pan? The holes dont line up correctly.

I've heard that they are not a bolt on deal. You have to do some fab work to make it fit.
Supply bolts, make up a filter stud mount, etc. You also have to grind on the pan and dremel
trim some tin baffles on the valve body to get pan on. That is why I didn't go with a Mopar
pan, and got one from PML instead. Perfect fit.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:08 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

it will not work on the RE trannys the cooling fins will hit the solenoids and such and the pan isnt any deeper than the stock oone. its just aluminum.

been there done that

Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Didn't DJ Gaston get one on his tranny from APS back several years ago? His was a 46RE I think. If I get a deep pan which one should I go with?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got the Mopar deep trans pan. 2min of grinding andinstall the suppliedsump extension and it fit just fine. It is deeper and holds 2quarts more than the stock did.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure you have the right pan?Couple dealers I went to kept trying to sell me the wrong pan.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

If I get a pan do you know which one I want? What did you have to grind? Did it come with a drain plug or do you have to add that?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

indy which truck did you put the mopar one in? I got one and put it next to my stock one on my 98 and there is noway it was 2 quarts more. maybe it was 6 ounces. but not 2 quarts.

read this thread. I pretty much laid everything you need to know here.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_491239/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Has anyone had trouble bolting on Mopars deep tranny pan? The holes dont line up correctly.