2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

break light install

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default break light install

So i just installed a spoiler on my tanoue cover. Everything went well, but there is a tail light in the spoiler and im not exactly sure about how to hook up the break light. Anyone know? The instructions seem to be written by a 2 year old

Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: break light install

You set yourself up with the last line, but I'm not biting. lol

You should be able to easily splice into the brake lights. If you have a trailer harness its even easier. Just splice into the wires for the break light. To do this without knowing the wiring you need a voltage meter and need to find the wire that only gets voltage when the break pedal is pressed. I'm not sure of the wires color, but you could check the merry christmas thread or do a search for brake light wiring diagrams.

It should take just a few minutes to do, I'm sorry I don't know the color off hand, I figured mine out the way I told you, but with my trailer harness.

I know there is green, yellow, white and brown.

Quick Reply: break light install