2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Subwoofer Enclosure Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 AM
sbrunn9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subwoofer Enclosure Ideas

I'm thinking about pulling out my rear seat entirely. I'm looking at installing my kicker comp vr 12 in the middle with a forward firing config. Basically building a bench where the rear seat is with a storage box behind the passangers seat and an area to house my amp, cap, and crossovers behind the drivers seat. I still haven't decided yet, not quite convinced that my rear seat needs to go.
Idk remember where, i think it was on cardomain, there was a ram and the guy cut out just the center of his rear seat and built a huge box to go there. Then he took the two halves on either side and put em back in. It was a real clean setup and he was still able to retain seating for two in the back. If i come across it again i'll post the link.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the numbers and the build link. It was pretty interesting read. I even took a detour to read thelink to the guy who built the fiberlass/MDF box. That thing looked sick! If only I was willing to try that. I'm sure it would not come out nearly as nice... but that is definitely a tempting route.It would definitely make the bottom portion of the box easier.

Keep us posted on how the seat lift goes. I was thinking of creating some sort of lift block for the back portion and having the front part of the seat bottom rest on the front of the box. Afterall, that is kind of how the factory underseat storage bin thing was setup. Curious to see what you come up with - since you will probalby get to that point before I do.

Cartman

Old 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

I'm thinking about pulling out my rear seat entirely. I'm looking at installing my kicker comp vr 12 in the middle with a forward firing config. Basically building a bench where the rear seat is with a storage box behind the passangers seat and an area to house my amp, cap, and crossovers behind the drivers seat. I still haven't decided yet, not quite convinced that my rear seat needs to go.
Idk remember where, i think it was on cardomain, there was a ram and the guy cut out just the center of his rear seat and built a huge box to go there. Then he took the two halves on either side and put em back in. It was a real clean setup and he was still able to retain seating for two in the back. If i come across it again i'll post the link.
I'd like to see that.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

i found this box when i got tired of not having a back seat and seeing as i only have a single 12 it should work. i havent been able to afford it yet, but it looks like the best so far that i have found.

http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/c-1536-ql-c1dtx112.aspx

plus you actually get cup holders that would be of some use!!

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Enclosure Ideas