2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where can I get gaskets for these valve covers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Where can I get gaskets for these valve covers??

Excuse me??
Do you mean I have no idea how much easier it makes your life, or I have no idea what i'm talking about? I'm refering to something you have already stated in the past.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f you gotta adjust that often , you got other issues ... like i said take an old valve cover and cut the center out and use that to adjust and yes it will work , hell he do it when its needed... but my self i like to use a valve cover design for my head , not to keen using an old style valve cover on it...MHO...

Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

Excuse me??
Do you mean I have no idea how much easier it makes your life, or I have no idea what i'm talking about? I'm refering to something you have already stated in the past.
lol.

the first

Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

f you gotta adjust that often , you got other issues ... like i said take an old valve cover and cut the center out and use that to adjust and yes it will work , hell he do it when its needed... but my self i like to use a valve cover design for my head , not to keen using an old style valve cover on it...MHO...
it works well with stock rockers, but when you have polylocks its impossible to do it that way. You have to puta wrench on it and then use an alen key to tighten the polylock

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

it works well with stock rockers, but when you have polylocks its impossible to do it that way. You have to puta wrench on it and then use an alen key to tighten the polylock
i know dude ... and no its not impossible , its do able ..lol

Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean cut the center out?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

What do you mean cut the center out?
i mite have to take a pic of this , take the old valve cover and cut the center out(the length of the valve cover) so you have an open big enough so you can see down into the rockers .. then the oil wont get every where.... i do this on the mailbu after i put new rockers on , put that valve cover on and run a few cycles and start adjusting..
matter of fact this came from hendricks racing when they use to be in harrisburg years ago , my dad did some of there engine work ,

Old 02-19-2008, 03:02 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

We usedto use an oldcut up valve coveralsounder the shade tree when we had solid lifters, but with the hydraulic lifters and non-adjustable rocker arms I get by without doing it.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Silver1500
Professional

Just so everyone knows, I am taking notes....
This is all stuff Im gonna need to know down the road.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

i know dude ... and no its not impossible , its do able ..lol
Key me in, because I cant come up with a way, nor has anyone Iv talked to.

Quick Reply: Where can I get gaskets for these valve covers??