2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Lights on truck (Halo Headlights and tail lights)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:50 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lights on truck (Halo Headlights and tail lights)

Well i finally got my new halo HID Headlights installed.. had them in last night.. and had to do some checking things out because they werent working right.. turns out i had to swap some wires on the plug harness that is on the light itself to make it work right.. Dodge uses a 2 light system normally.. and the halo lights are a 4 light system.. so i finally got that right.. and i got some new LED tail lights on it.. they look awesome.. i will post some pics on it tomorrow .. the headlights i put in.. i got off of ebay for 150 bucks shipped.. they look good.. but it states they are a DIRECT fit.. in which they are not.. on the light.. the plug fits.. but you have to swap the black wire and the blue wire on both headlights.. and they will work properly... without switching those wires.. the Bright Light indicator on the dash will always stay lit because the new lights are actually sending voltage back into the light module of the truck.. and when you have them on bright.. all 4 lights will remain on and really dim.. the Halo part and the LED part i wired into the park lights .. just used a snap connector to tap it in with the light / turn signal.. works great.. the other thing i DONT like.. is the damn screws and clips for the alignment... the clips that keep it all together dont always want to stay on.. so if you get these.. this is all i found irritating with the whole thing.. aside from that.. they look great.. and give the truck a whole new look.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: New Lights on truck (Halo Headlights and tail lights)

I hate to say it but,

[sm=ttiwwp.gif][sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

i know it is.. i will get video tomorrow of it.. its too dark out to get the effect. i just tried.. all it is is a blurr of light ..

Old 02-23-2008, 04:43 PM
zique
Captain

The ebay projecters were a hot topic for a couple months here it seems. I had the same issues with wiring and there is a thread somewhere about the same fix you are talking about. They are fairly nice, I think, but more for looks than light. However, once I modded the lights to keep the low and high on at the same time, it got a WHOLE lot better!!

BTW, I doubt yours are HIDs, but correct me if I'm wrong. If they are the common eBay projector and you didn't have to install ballasts or anything of that sort, you are mistaken about them being HIDs.

The alignment screws are definitely the worst part about these lights...especially with a lifted application.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

well i got mine fixed.. and they are the HID's .. they have the whole unit built in apparently.. it is quite a bit bigger on it.. as far as where the ballast goes.. i checked into it.. and they are listed from factory as being the hid lights.. once i fixed the wire issues on it.. they are awesome.. now i just have to get them aligned.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: dishdude2k

well i got mine fixed.. and they are the HID's .. they have the whole unit built in apparently.. it is quite a bit bigger on it.. as far as where the ballast goes.. i checked into it.. and they are listed from factory as being the hid lights.. once i fixed the wire issues on it.. they are awesome.. now i just have to get them aligned.
Do they look like how bmws and saabs lights look, with that bluish/true whitehue to them? I want some pictures from the drivers seat, I want to put them in mine so I can see at night.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Jeep274

I'm looking to get similar lights and would love to see your pics. Particularly a good front end shot and a view from the drivers seat at night.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
nolazach
Veteran

High Intensity discharge bulbs are still pretty expensive. I would say the bulbs alone cost more than the projector kits on ebay. I have seen the actual HID kits, they plug a ballast into the light harness. There are many HID-like bulbs that will give you that look but very few give that intensity of light.

http://www.migicute.com/94ramcc.html

those say HID in the search but not in the specs.

http://www.instaitems.com/products.a...d=170196221548

Above is a kit to put HID lights in the stock headlights.

thats what HID bulbs look like. Like the ones in really expensive cars.

They cost::
RAM PICK-UP 1500 / 2500 / 3500 94 - 01 2 BULB / 2 BALLAST 9004 ESH9004 [align=right] $499.00[/align]

Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
zique
Captain

ORIGINAL: dishdude2k

Well that's exciting if you got true HID's for $150. I would like to see the eBay link if you could please. I paid $160 and got a standard projector. They said HID in the title, but I knew they weren't really HID's when I bought them.

One way to tell w/o having to pull the bulb...do they get brighter after they've been on for a while or are they bright right from the start?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

im thinking they are standard projectors.. they dont have the blueish tint.. but they are kick *** .. alot brighter than the standard deal.. and the brights.. will kill someone.. sorry i havent replied lately.. im in the middle of moving from NC to Colorado.. right now im stuck in 'ok la homo' in this storm.. then i get to navigate thru the snow and ice thats on its way here.. should be there tomorrow.. i will get pics of them from the inside.. and the outside.. along with pics of the LED tail lights ASAP

Quick Reply: New Lights on truck (Halo Headlights and tail lights)