2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission***UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission

I have 4.10's with 33"s which should be the same as your 35"s even with 4.56's and it just doesn't spin as much as you make its sound. Atleast mine doesn't. You can make it spin but its not something thats all over the place if you just nail the gas. Yours does seem to run really good in the videos though. It's a really nice truck. Hope you like your new tranny. You will have to give us an update when you get it. I got my truck back today with a APS pleneum kit installed and a few other things. I know you are just as excited if not more than I was to get your truck back. You probably were more like I was when I got it back after my tranny as I had been letting it sit mostly for a month. It got driven a very slight few times but not much in that time.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain

When is this tranny getting in already... God damn, slow *** mechanics.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have 122,000 on mine still shft like a champ, and im a lead foot.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:10 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

im just waitin to see what happens when he gets his truck back...

neon you gonna have anyother "my truck is f*cked" post?

im also gonna cast my bet for 4.10 gears. not to knock you or anything, but ive got 4.10s and she runs like a scalded dog, and ive got more weight on you.
Damn I just wish I knew for sure though. I haven't had my truck with me for over two weeks so I can't even test it myself. Whatever the gears are though, I'm very pleased with the amount of torque it has. I mean if they were 4.56s, maybe my peelout stories would be believable to you guys for once
i hear ya there man, mines got a ton of torque. i didnt notice it until i did the full tune up and put that round air cleaner on. i enjoy the sucking sound i get as well. did you ever decide what you were gonna do in that area?

i also had a shift kit put into mine, built for towing. it shifts into 3rd nice and hard. some girls look at me like ugh... why does it shift so hard. well darlin, its a 2500 long wheelbase monster and its lettin you know its power.

i dont know what i would do if i didnt have my truck for 2 weeks... 2 days is long enough for me.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: kowboydmac

Ram2k1 sounds like you got some truck performance buddies up there in Greeneville. I actually had a friend move up there several years ago. Haven't heard from her in awhile though.
I'm actually in Utah right now in the military, but I'll be heading back to TN in May Can't wait... I've got more truck buddies in TN than here, too...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
securtis12
Professional

01dodge where in maine are you at? That is where I grew up and do miss it except on days like today when it is 70 and nice and you guys are snowed in. I just ordered me a new tranny from Dr. Evil guys definatly knew what they were talking about. BTw a loan for 7% is not bad at all and if you pay it off early you will be fine definatly alot cheaper than a new truck.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:58 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

whats the word neon... you got your truck back yet? find out the gears?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

01Dodge, Is your trans fixed yet???? Whats the hold up?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: securtis12

01dodge where in maine are you at? That is where I grew up and do miss it except on days like today when it is 70 and nice and you guys are snowed in. I just ordered me a new tranny from Dr. Evil guys definatly knew what they were talking about. BTw a loan for 7% is not bad at all and if you pay it off early you will be fine definatly alot cheaper than a new truck.
I live in the Portland area, but I'm often in the Bar Harbor area as well. I know what you mean how the winters can be a little grueling, but I'm really attached to this state lol. I just love the fresh air, the beautiful city of Portland, and the mix of seasons, it's a pretty neat environment all around. Although I might add this winter has been unusually long! We've breached over 100" of snow this winter, it's been a pretty nutty winter. But yeah I was really suprised to with 7%, I'm very happy about it. I'm going to work hard to finish it in 3 years as opposed to the 4 years, I'd like to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:15 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thanks for asking by the way guys about the transmission. But in regards to the transmission, it looks like it won't be done till fricken Monday. I called yesterday and asked them if they could reweld a loose exhaust clamp on the driver side, and he told me they just get all the parts in Wednesday. So he suspects it will be all put together by Monday afternoon. I'm not rushing them though, I want to make sure they do a good job, but man oh man, it's sure been a long time without my truck. It's coming on 3 weeks this Saturday, very sad. I've been on van duty for quite some time now. The only good thing about the van is gas isn't too much of a hassle, but it's not enough to make me not think about my truck.

As for the gears, it's looking like there going to blow me off on that. They may do it for me when they are fixing the rear pinion seal, but I doubt it. It's looking like I'm going to have to check it myself when I get the truck back next week. What's the best way to jack up the rear of my truck guys?