2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission***UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission

I guess I somewhat worded that description about the powerstroke and cummins wrong lol. What I was trying to get at was that they were building a transmission for a powerstroke that was used up at the speedways. So this gave me reassurance that they knew what they were doing and that they often get guys like me looking for a transmission that can handle bigger tires and extra h/p and torque. But it is true, you could easily mess things up if you messed a loan up. But I am going to keep after this, especially because my dad co-signed on this loan, so I defiantly don't want to **** him on this. He already thinks my truck is retarded, but he thought the truck was too new to try and sell it and he thought it'd be stupid to put another weak transmission into it. I'm really going to work hard to cut this loan down early though. My dad would like me to see me finish it in 3 years because unti then he lost some points on his credit score. So as I said before, I really can't afford to mess this loan up. I just want my truck back though lol. I haven't driven in her for over 2 weeks. I know that's like NOTHING, but my god I have like withdrawls thinking about it haha. Life with a new transmission will be nice though. That was such a PITA with that old transmission. It would be so embarrassing driving in the truck through backroads with people in the truck and the rpms would just be bobbing around while it would search what gear it wanted to be in. And hills...my god, they were a nightmare, it'd skip around everywhere. I just got really good at giving what it wanted to avoid the bobbing around, but it sure as hell didn't help that I was always flooring that poor thing. I can't believe how long she lasted. Up until that trip it was still half decent, but the trip just capitalized on the already exisiting issue. I'm conifdent with the transmission shop, and I believe they are being honest when they say they are giving me their top of the line transmission. They also are fixing those seals, and the engine misfire as well, so that is nice too. Ahh just want my truck back though, miss her!![8D]

Old 02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

You're not married are you.
No way.That's why I can still afford mytoys
Don't think I'll ever get married either. Don't mind living with girls, butdon't see any reason to sign my possessions over to one. Welltax breaks I guess. But I'm not a real church goer or anything, so I see no reason to be married, and I only date people that understand that.

Besides what the wedding would cost alone I could buy a DIESEL

EDIT- If I had kids I would consider it.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

im just waitin to see what happens when he gets his truck back...

neon you gonna have anyother "my truck is f*cked" post?

im also gonna cast my bet for 4.10 gears. not to knock you or anything, but ive got 4.10s and she runs like a scalded dog, and ive got more weight on you.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I kinda doubt someone would put upwards of 2 grand into a gear swap and then not mention it when they sold the truck. If you were going to spend that kind of money ona gear swap they wouldn't have nig-rigged the lift like that.

Eitherway I'm excited to hear about this tranny. It would be neat to see a ram tranny that shifts right.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

I kinda doubt someone would put upwards of 2 grand into a gear swap and then not mention it when they sold the truck. If you were going to spend that kind of money ona gear swap they wouldn't have nig-rigged the lift like that.

Eitherway I'm excited to hear about this tranny. It would be neat to see a ram tranny that shifts right.
hahaha, but hey, dont we all nig rig sometimes?

and hey. my tranny shifts nicely, but then again i have the same kinda tranny that neon is gettin.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of ram trannys shift nicely... mine shifts incredibly after my band adjustment.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I was actually bitching about the way they shift when they shift perfectly fine lol. But I guess people wouldn't like how hard they shift if they shifted right.

I can't complain. 107,800 on my clock and my tranny still runs perfect knock on wood

Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

I was actually bitching about the way they shift when they shift perfectly fine lol. But I guess people wouldn't like how hard they shift if they shifted right.

I can't complain. 107,800 on my clock and my tranny still runs perfect knock on wood
I know what you mean.My buddy has an '05Chevy with a performance PCM and his tranny shifts like a drag car. That thing is tight as hell!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:46 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

Ram2k1 sounds like you got some truck performance buddies up there in Greeneville. I actually had a friend move up there several years ago. Haven't heard from her in awhile though.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:48 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

im just waitin to see what happens when he gets his truck back...

neon you gonna have anyother "my truck is f*cked" post?

im also gonna cast my bet for 4.10 gears. not to knock you or anything, but ive got 4.10s and she runs like a scalded dog, and ive got more weight on you.
Damn I just wish I knew for sure though. I haven't had my truck with me for over two weeks so I can't even test it myself. Whatever the gears are though, I'm very pleased with the amount of torque it has. I mean if they were 4.56s, maybe my peelout stories would be believable to you guys for once