2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brokeded my Tailight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brokeded my Tailight.

ORIGINAL: jason.w

My tail lights were around $135 shipped, and no leaks, no problems at all. I didn't even use any kind of sealant.
Some brands of aftermarket taillights are made better than others. That's awesome that yours don't leak. When I got mine (for free; I won them), I could tell just by looking at them that they would leak, so I sealed them up really well before installing them.

When you finally get your lights, check them over really carefully. If they look like they might leak, seal them. Leaky taillights look like crap.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

When I broke someone's ranger taillight, I bought one off of ebay and it looked pretty good, I guess they didnt have any problems with it either...

Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

Giggidy Giggidy what were you doing breaking a rangers tail light? funny, my best friend has a ranger and I have a ram. it'll probably happen to me too. lol.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Just run the Ranger over. Probablly wouldn't notice it.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 AM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my stockers off of ebay too. Ordered on a Saturday, got them on a Thursday! I forgot how much I paid, but is was less than 50 for both, AZ and PA and O'Reily want around 79 for the pair. You may want to get a pair, because the black trim actually fades to gray. The new bulbs will cost you ten too.

Quick Reply: brokeded my Tailight.