2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brokeded my Tailight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Jmack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brokeded my Tailight.

Backed into a chev. local insurancesays only 56 dollars damage to my truck consisting of a tailight damage to the chev close to five thousand this is the part that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. but I am having trouble finding this 56 dollar tailight anyone with any good places to find this would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance!!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Default RE: brokeded my Tailight.

Local pull it yard?!

Or ebay for umm $43 dodge ram tailight

Old 03-18-2008, 12:16 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

Think I got one off ebay for 25 and 12 to ship so like 37 dollars. it was either 37 or 38

Old 03-18-2008, 12:19 AM
EasyThree

I was at the local O'Reilly Auto Parts the other day and they have the entire lens assembly there on their floor. I was astonished but if you have one nearby and need it asap, that'd be what I recommend.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
wvjefo
Professional

This is the perfect reason to get those customs taillights you wanted. Generally the can be had cheaper on ebay or such than the OEM

Jeff

Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran

ORIGINAL: wvjefo

This is the perfect reason to get those customs taillights you wanted. Generally the can be had cheaper on ebay or such than the OEM

Jeff
+1

"Custom" taillights are much cheaper than OEM. Just make sure you seal them up good with some clear silicon. Most "custom" taillights like to leak.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Jmack

not a big fan of E-bay haven't broke down and jumped into trying it out either but since for some strange reason without ever useiing or having an account I owe pay pal a couple grand so this n itself kinda turned me off the whole thing. also I have the misfortune of living in canada and there aren't that many outlet auto part stores that carry tailights any cheaper than the dalership. So Iwas hoping to find a good website that supplied them.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:08 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I paid a whole lot for mine when I got it a couple of years ago. I got mine from the dealer and think it ended up costing me like $80. I'm not sure if that was before or after the discount I got at the time. I used to get a discount through the place I worked which was 25% off. It seems like other parts have gone up since then so it wouldn't suprise me if these did too.

I am weary of the OEM replacements off eBay as I wanted a quality light not something that would leak. The only ones I could find that I really liked more than the stock ones were the TYC ones to me they just look awesome but at $150 or more a set I decided I didn't need them. They would have been slightly cheaper but not much if I had needed both but since I only needed one it was a lot cheaper to get another one from the dealer. I didn't like them that much more that I'd pay a ton more than needed.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

My tail lights were around $135 shipped, and no leaks, no problems at all. I didn't even use any kind of sealant.

Check feedback ratings, make sure the seller is good, and you should be OK.

As far as oweing PayPal money without actually having an account, thats highly unlikely unless someone stole your identity and used it for that purpose. If that is the case, its not PayPal's fault, so don't blame them.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think my chrome tail lights were 49 on ebay then 65 with shipping, brokerage fees, tax and exchange rate at the time (Cdn also). Avoid ebay selleracemotors700, took the ahole 4months 9days from pay pal payment to arriving at my door.

Quick Reply: brokeded my Tailight.