2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More power: round air cleaner or CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More power: round air cleaner or CAI?

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

It's not really a big deal if you know how to maintain your truck...
I know how to maintain my truck and *knock on wood* I've never had to tighten my stock bolts holding my manifolds on nor have I had a leak from them. It just seems like on all the forums I read every few days about someone having a leak. More so from the Pacesetter Longtubes as their Y Pipe seems to be junk but it even seems like it applies to all headers. I wouldn't mind having a nice set although they more than likely wouldn't be Pacesetters I just don't want to deal with all the issues it seems like people have every few days.
If you know that what is happening isnt out of the ordinary then you should be content. I had to retighten my headers every day for a week, then about once a week for 2 weeks, and then one more time a month later. Havent loosened up since. It just takes some time. The bolts have to go through a few heat cycles before they "stop" expanding and contracting . With that being said...good luck getting stock bolts/studs out! They are more than likely rusted in there nice and strong.

Quick Reply: More power: round air cleaner or CAI?