2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers Installed, Pics Inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headers Installed, Pics Inside!!

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy

Good job on the headers
Is the pic angle deceiving or is that inside muff very close to the driveshaft and partially above it? If it is close, with a heavyload or trailer outback Id be nervous of contact with the driveshaft going over bumps.
Thanks man. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting the job done. I think the pic angle is just deceiving you. There is plenty of clearance and they aren't really above the drive shaft, just to the side. I'll be getting them cut out soon anyway, so they shouldn't pose a problem.

ORIGINAL: mstephen89
good looking intall, are those shorties still full length. I didn't know they made those. Also how much $$$$$
Thanks man. They are full length shorties, and that's about all I know. They are meant to bolt up to the stock y-pipe so I would say they are just normal. They cost about $325 shipped from a guy on ebay that didn't ever get a chance to install them, so they were brand new. It was a pretty good deal and I'm really happy with them.

ORIGINAL: 1BigRamaniacGood work, thanks for the pics. Hope you enjoy the new system!
Thanks man. There's no doubt that I'll be enjoying this system for a long time. It just sounds so good, I just love it. My gas mileage will probably go down for a while though; it'll be hard to keep my foot out of it(it was today anyway). Thanks again to everyone who has commented on them and helped me out with some suggestions on the install. Without all of the knowledge that I got from you guys, I probably would've messed something up. So I really appreciate it.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

like RM_Indy suggests
it is a good idea to test whether
the driveshaft will hit
by putting a load in the truck's bed,
perhaps by filling up garbage cans
or black plastic bags
with enough water

it would be a shame to damage the driveshaft
after so much effort

Old 04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HankL

like RM_Indy suggests
it is a good idea to test whether
the driveshaft will hit
by putting a load in the truck's bed,
perhaps by filling up garbage cans
or black plastic bags
with enough water

it would be a shame to damage the driveshaft
after so much effort

Thanks man. I checked and made sure I had plenty of clearance before I installed the mufflers. I think it is just a very deceiving picture. I am cutting them out very soon anyway, so I don't think that they will pose a problem.

Quick Reply: Headers Installed, Pics Inside!!