2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New RPMs, and overdrive questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New RPMs, and overdrive questions

Another thing to consider is if you do get pulled over for something like that it opens up a whole can of worms of stuff they can write you tickets for. If Maine is anything like here you can get a ticket for that exhaust for sure. You can also get a ticket for the tint and who knows what else. If you happen to have the HID's in there there is another ticket you can get, any black light covers you can more than likely get a ticket for. There are numerous other things they can and probably will write you up for if they pull you over for something like that. Don't say you will roll the windows down as I know several guys that have tinted windows. They usually make you roll them back up so they can put a meter on them.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Silver1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was alchohol involved? lol
My new quote...
It was involved in this post

Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Silver1500
Professional

And window tint meters LIE. I have mine tinted at 5% and they tried to tell me it was 1.8%..... They dont even make tint that dark...

Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, these are all really valid points. Some of you guys probably get the wrong idea about me, but in general, I'm actually a really slow driver. I mean, you can't be an inbetween speeder with a truck this big lol. Your either doing the speed limit, or you going at WOT lol. To be honest, I can't really say I'm in the position to get an accurate observation of the transmission because at the time, the tranny felt very new to me, and it still does, I wasn't used to the whole overdrive thing. I also did have a fried spark plug wire when I first got it back too, so I'm sure they were freaking out why it was doing that, but it was my engine that was causing it to skip at 40 when I first got it. But that tranny is their problem, I have a 3 year warranty with those bastards, if anything breaks in that time, you can bet it's their problem lol. I will admit though, it's just my taste of driving, when I need speed I will speed, and every now and then, I will do it. I love the sound of an open engine. I wouldn't spend all that money on headers, exhaust, tranny, and in the future the fastman if I didn't want to use it now and then, I just love the power of a 360, very fun. But I am careful. I really take care of this puppy, but as I said, now and then, I like to open her up[8D] But you are right, I could really get ****ed if the wrong cop stops me with all the illegal **** on my truck, fortunatel the cops that have pulled me over didn't say anything...they must have liked dodges

Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: Silver1500

And window tint meters LIE. I have mine tinted at 5% and they tried to tell me it was 1.8%..... They dont even make tint that dark...
They can be off i you dont have them calibrated often or it could be you had stock tint overtop of 5%. A lot of time 5% tint isn't actually exactly 5%

Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

On that 3 year warranty... do you have it in writing?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yes, thankfully that is on the write-up. 3 year, 70,000 mile warranty.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

how much is this tint ?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:50 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Do you mean the %? Or the cost?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Didn't he say he paid like $85 or something to have his 50% taken off and the 5% put on? I got quoted $100 by one shop here and $100 by another but then he told me he would do it for $75. I've gotten quotes all around and $100 seems to be in par for pulling tint off and retinting. If you just get it tinted anywhere from $60-80 I'd say is fair for the front two windows. For the rest of mine I paid $50 for the rear sides and $75 for the rear slider. I did them at seperate times. The rear slider got done a week after the rear sides as I wanted to see how I liked it first.

Quick Reply: New RPMs, and overdrive questions