2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just ordered my fastman.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Just ordered my fastman.

well i finally had time to install the fastman, simple as can be. it took me more time to fish my wingnut for the airhat from behind the fuel rod than it took me to install the TB.

When I drive now I feel a bit more power off the line, still not enough to light the tires, but a good quick launch.
I have much smoother shifts now, and when driving on the highway at 140, she doesnt need to hear down to get up there, unless I do a hard push to pass.

now Ive got to send the old tb back to dan... Its been trying my patience since im working 6x10s and dont get much free time since I just moved.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dammit delete this double post, im using rmc again and forgot to avoid threads when recording movies.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Mike Roma
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rabbler

Sorry []It doesn't work that way.

Enginerpm is directly proportional vehicle speed. So if 1800 rpm is what it takes to reach 65 in top gear it doesn't matter what mods you do to the engine it still gonna take 1800 rpm to reach that speed.
Correct!

Unless the converter/clutch is slipping, there will be precisely ZERO change in RPM with engine mods. You would have to change gearing, tire size, etc to change the RPM for a given speed.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my fastman.