2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:00 PM
IndyRamMan
|
Champion
Default Painted my exhaust

My collector gaskets kept blowing out, so while I was replacing them today, I pulled off the exhaust (header back) so I could repaint it. It was showing age. I figgured I might as well post what it looks like since I have it out. Its a little confusing to see while its in.

Name:  041708_1529a.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  52.0 KB
Name:  041708_1530a.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  57.9 KB

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:08 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Default RE: Painted my exhaust

So did you paint it silver there? Hard to tell from the pictures. It's a nice looking setup though. It all one piece as it looks?

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:09 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

The cat is worthless, and looks gay on the cross over pipe [:'(]

Cool other than that. I like the dual exits before the rear tire though

Probably the best sounding (gas) truck on the forum too

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:20 PM
IndyRamMan
|
Champion

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

So did you paint it silver there? Hard to tell from the pictures. It's a nice looking setup though. It all one piece as it looks?
Yea, its painted there. It was rust/silver lepord spotted before. All one piece. Really easy to remove and install, just pull back untill you hit the gas tank and it drops down. 4 hangar bolts and 6 collector bolts your done.

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

The cat is worthless, and looks gay on the cross over pipe [:'(]

Cool other than that. I like the dual exits before the rear tire though

Probably the best sounding (gas) truck on the forum too
Yea that cat is totaly worthless. That was the idea. I cant pass inspection without one, so it was placed there so that I "had" one in my exhaust system.

Thanks, I like the sound too.

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:39 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

any sound clips coming stright of the headers?

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:47 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Is the cat gutted? I really like how the exhaust exits in front of the rear wheel too. Does it stay clean fairly easy? Mine running out behind the rear tires gets dirty super fast. The setup I've wanted to do is exit out like yours but only have one pipe exit then have one identical and exit out on the other side. I don't know if this can be done or not as I haven't checked it out.

I do really like how yours looks on the truck though. It's a nice setup. What did it all cost you?

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:52 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I know why it's on there. My compliments on finding a loophole in the system. It's just easier to give someone **** as oppose to being nice about it

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Is the cat gutted? I really like how the exhaust exits in front of the rear wheel too. Does it stay clean fairly easy? Mine running out behind the rear tires gets dirty super fast. The setup I've wanted to do is exit out like yours but only have one pipe exit then have one identical and exit out on the other side. I don't know if this can be done or not as I haven't checked it out.

I do really like how yours looks on the truck though. It's a nice setup. What did it all cost you?
No you can't run the the exhaust exit before the rear tires on each side unless you relocate the fuel tank, or ditch it all together for a fuel cell someplace else. So it is my no means impossible, but is a rather large obstacle on an otherwise simple system.

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:56 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Thats kind of what I was thinking it might be.

Old 04-17-2008 | 06:57 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

Thats worth what ? 10 hp... looks better , better then rusted..

Old 04-17-2008 | 08:09 PM
Lotusttu84

I had my exhaust exiting in front of my rear tire as well! I had to redo it again for the 4th time because it was too loud in the truck cab for me! With headers and cat and muffler all being aftermarket performance upgrades I couldnt take the loudness anymore! Looks great on you truck though! Very Very Sharp.

Quick Reply: Painted my exhaust