2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

custom front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:13 PM
divetruck
Professional
Default RE: custom front end

Here is what I see happening. You are going to spend time no matter what you are going to do. Time = money. If you spent the same amount of time working and making money you would be better off.

By working I mean either a job (you have skills you are good at. IT sounds like it anyway) where you can take your skills and improve on them or find a career doing something you love. Maybe even starting your own business at some point.

You might thinks its cool. Your friends might thinks it cool. Truth is in 10 years nobody is going to care.

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:05 PM
Sparky321

Hey, you are only eighteen one time. Enjoy it. I'm not " old " but I'm not eighteen anymore either. Looking back on the wasted time and money of youth, I can say that I learned ALOT along the way. I had ALOT of fun along the way. Dare to dream a little, you only get one life. You have to live it and live it well. Just my $0.02.
ORIGINAL: divetruck

Here is what I see happening. You are going to spend time no matter what you are going to do. Time = money. If you spent the same amount of time working and making money you would be better off.

By working I mean either a job (you have skills you are good at. IT sounds like it anyway) where you can take your skills and improve on them or find a career doing something you love. Maybe even starting your own business at some point.

You might thinks its cool. Your friends might thinks it cool. Truth is in 10 years nobody is going to care.

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:08 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

The easiest to replace is the headlights, Im in the same position you are with being an 18 year old who loves to work on my truck, and I have a 98 red dodge ram, and I threw a set of halo projectors on my rig, but the only thing is, is be ready for the way the projectors are aimed on a tall rig, you have to have the block on the top so you dont blind other cars, and that makes it hard to see anything from a distance, but other than that, I love them, they look cherry, and the halos are sick. They also come with 3 other led's offset on the side, I think that those headlights are one of the sickest customizations you can do to a 2nd gen ram as far as the front end is concerned, at least cosmetically, it also is nice because its one of the only ways to turn your dodge headlight setup into a dual beam, and the headlight is connected to the corner light, instead of being two seperate lights. Good luck, I hope you like the advice I could give.

[IMG]local://upfiles/85407/441DA88BBF714984BF8EF86706964A8B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/85407/D5AC714858E74DB783E09176B2DC9435.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:19 PM
Midnight95
Rookie

hey back to topic- i have also asked the same question before but i called a dodge body shop in town to ask how (if i wanted to) to do so. They told me that there is alot of differeneces between the 2 bodies (obviously looks of course). The way the doors and fenders would line up it would take alot of time adjusting and fitting. The front core supports are different which affect everything, fender linement, hood linement, bumper linements, and head lights. I know it can be done - like said before, if you have unlimited supply of moneyyou can do endless customizing. I have come across a 2nd generation with a 3rd generation front though, it was sweeeeet! LMK what you decide if your thinking about it because its a great idea!

Old 04-30-2008 | 12:58 AM
CySlyde
Professional

the reson you see it all the time on chebby's is because of how little thier design changed from the 80's till the most recent trucks... really there is so little diffence you can if your willing to do the work make almost any other GM front clip work. however with that being said. why would I put a caddy front end on my silverado??? well the silverado I can get fully loaded for a lot less cash. thats why people do it.

some things to consider... will the modifications compliment the rest of my vehicle. here I would say no. though you could prove me wrong the body lines on the third gen are way different. and well I think the third gen front end looks extremely heavy (not saying that it is, but looks wise it's big and bulky) while the cab and all of the rest of yoru second gen have a little more compact enlongated feel to it. trust me you might be able to do it, and I would give you all the props for doing it... but in the end it's really going to look messed up IMHO...

there is a lot of thought you must put inot customization like this. and alot of that (I'm 18 and think i can do anything attitude) will get you far. but you have yet to learn a lot of the things the old time customizers have already learned...... on that note I still have the second car I ever bought. during the real restore of it, I wish I had not done all the things to it I had done when I was 18 and learned how to weld. took me for freaking ever to undo it enough that I could go back and do it right the second (sometimes, third fouth and fith) time around.

Old 04-30-2008 | 01:11 PM
Timb75
Rookie

The other day I saw a 2000ish Chevy Silverado with a 2000ish Ford F150 Side Step bed on it. I imagine something like that could easily be done on a Ram. It actually gave the truck a very unique look.

Old 05-02-2008 | 09:01 PM
steveo21@hotmail.com

thank u at least some one agrees with me

Old 05-02-2008 | 11:15 PM
Trey318
Captain

I think the best looking body mod like that I saw was a Dakota with a Chrysler 300 front clip. That looked amazing. But a newer style front end would give it a much more aggressive look.

Old 05-03-2008 | 10:22 PM
Timb75
Rookie

Best custom Ram I've seen. At least interior and paint wise. It was in "Truckin'" Magazine last month. http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...ram/index.html

Old 05-04-2008 | 12:17 AM
Slomojo
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Timb75

Best custom Ram I've seen. At least interior and paint wise. It was in "Truckin'" Magazine last month. http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...ram/index.html
Very nice.

Quick Reply: custom front end