2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker Box Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speaker Box Installed!

nice work, how did you go about getting all the measurements and fit it?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: antz_ram

probably a pair of Kicker CompVR 12"s
Nice choice. I used to have a single 10" sub in my Ram and it's now in the Honda. The Honda used to have 2 12"s which got replaced with the 10" Kicker. I really liked it.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: antz_ram

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Oh ok. I like how it looks. I don't have a setup like that as I use all my under seat storage space more than I use my rear seat but I kind of wouldn't mind something where I could use my rear seat again. On the other hand my setup to me doesn't look bad if you see it in person and it works and lets me keep all the storage under the seat.

Got any pics of it?
There is a bad cell phone picture of it in my album thing on here. It makes it look out of place but imo in person it doesnt' look too bad. I think that picture just makes it look out of place. I'd rather not see the subs but it doesn't look bad and I want my under the seat space so thats why I went with this.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 PM
antz_ram
Rookie

ORIGINAL: cdusthockey

nice work, how did you go about getting all the measurements and fit it?

We took out the black storage piece and measured the heighth up front and to the back. plus we measured how much of a gap we were gonna need for the middle 'hump'. i was just gonna go with what hometheaterman has but i wanted to still be able to have passengers sit in the back seat. plus i like the way it looks...kinda hiddend but not really ya know? after i get it all installed im gonna get some of those Kicker Grills they have and paint them white and put them on the front of the subs. Ill keep everyone updated on how it all comes out.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:00 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Nice sounds like a sweet setup. I like you would like people to be able to sit in the back but like I said I use my storage space under the seat more. I have mine setup though so I can take it out in probably 1-2 minutes and if I'm at home put it in the garage. If I'm not at home can put it under the tonneu or however you spell it cover in the back and people can then sit there. This is one other plus about mine. It comes out easily and I have it wired so I can unhook it quickly.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Id be too scared a passenger would kick my sub or something....I would just remove the backseat and have an even better setup!

But hey if your happy that is all the matters!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

I want subs so bad.... But the only boxes I can find are downfires. I want upfires with a notch in the middle for dual amps so I can show them off, but space is limited....

Old 04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Most of the things listed you guys want you can do with a box like mine. Passengers wont kick it as you just unclip the wiring and take it out and set it in the back of the truck or in the garage.

It is upfiring as thats the way it sounded best.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
EricCartman
Veteran

Looks good! I didn't think it was possible to make an MDF only box that would have enough volume to support two 12" subs that didn't require raising the seat.

I have been toying with the idea of making a fiberglass/MDF box to maximize the volume of the enclosure. I'm having second thoughts after seeing your enclosure.

I'll probably end up going with a fiberglass/MDF box, just so I can learn and practice a new "craft". I don't really want to eat up any leg room (not that I have passengers in the back frequently). But, that is a nice looking box.

Cartman

Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Zeppelinrocks
Veteran

TIMIDONE has the right idea, who needs backseats anyways no-one fits back there. If anyone wants sample pics of this just im me and I can get them for you.

Quick Reply: Speaker Box Installed!