2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker Box Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
PartsChaser
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speaker Box Installed!

Rocking some Fiberglass isnt all that tough. I did it in my ram, with a single downfiring 12' JL W3v2. I too have kids and others in my backseat, and couldnt get what I wanted out of the smaller boxes. I have had the forward-firing kind before, and always felt like it didnt give as much bass as the downfiring (just a preference, I am sure its open for debate).

My box (see pics) is about 1.3 cubic feet internal airspace. It takes up the area under the passenger seat, and in the middle. The drivers side is just an amp rack, housing 2 Rockford 500.2 amps. It gets the job done.

Seat Down, regular leg room available...

With the Seat Up:

From the Passenger Side (pay no attention to the lack of carpet on the top of the box. I wanted loud, not flashy)

PM me if you want tips on going the fiberglass route, I have perfected my teqnique since this build..haha

Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PartsChaser
PM me if you want tips on going the fiberglass route, I have perfected my teqnique since this build..haha
PM sent... me likes that box.

Cartman

Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 AM
CySlyde
Professional

Nice boxes to both OP and parts chaser. I was thinking going that route, but I may also cut the rear seat apart and make it a center consul/arm rest matching the front 40/20/40 more than it does right now... unfortunatly that makes for a lot more work, and work requires time... something I have little of ATM

Old 04-30-2008, 01:36 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I have a nice design for a single 12" box that is fairly well cosmetically hidden, and very well set up with nice sound, its the center console seat turned into a box, now dont think that takes away from being able to use the seat, its still a seat, its cushioned on the top and all, the only downside it has is that you have to move your seatbelt trigger, I havent gotten around to that, but it really is a good setup for a single 12.

[IMG]local://upfiles/85407/CF6A2290AA5043188C73F04BA66BD595.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 AM
PartsChaser
Professional

I like that front seat center console box too.. I have seen them in the pre-fab form (expensive).. but that is very nice, and stealthy...

Nice Work!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran

I really want to put a 12" sub in my Ram, but I don't have a back seat. I've seen a "box" that replaces the center seat on the front bench, but a passenger can no longer sit there, and that box is like $350.

Does anyone have an pictures of a sub installed in a Standard Cab Ram?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
PartsChaser
Professional

Check this out: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1436

I think its similar to 98cherryram's install of the center seat. I think you could gut that middle seat, make it into a box, retain the padding for a middle passenger, and still get a 12' in there pretty easily.Or you can try to find one of the JL stealthboxes and pay a bit more.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do need the room, can you unplug the speakers and remove the box?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Here, http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Box-Dodge-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

that right there is the same box that I bought for my truck, a little cheaper than the JL sub box, same quality, and it is a seat still, Its excellent, probably the best investment I ever made for my truck, you can get it for a 12 or 10 inch sub. You will still have all the room you used to have, and your passenger, whoever sits in that middle seat, will get the best experience out of everyone in the truck

Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Lotusttu84

Hey antz_ram. I worked for cartoys for two years and have been doing car audio and alarms for 6 years. I have built so many boxs and have built so many systems. I would like to tell you that the best speakers that would perform the best with any amp would be 12" JL W-1's They are a solid punch and handle watts very well and sound great! Im not a big fan of Kicker comps because they get really hot and can start to exspand and cause the subs to freeze in place. I have two Pheonix Gold Xenons 10"s in my single cab truck in a ported box. IN A SINGLE CAB and I hit a 158.8 DB at a sound off and won 1st place. I used a 1000.1 Mono block amp. If you have any questions let me know I love to help people out with there systems and audio. Alarms as well.

Quick Reply: Speaker Box Installed!