2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stall at Idle.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:15 PM
chet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stall at Idle.

if you could link me it would be much appreciated. My 02 sensors should be in tomorrow so when they get here i will put them in and let you know how it does.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
murph111

I'm gonna throw this suggestion out there. I'm not sure if this is happening to you but I had the same problem when I would come to a stop the speedo would go from 10-15 mph straight to zero and would sputter and stall. It ended up being the speed sensor at the top of the rear differential, a $45-$50 part if you do it yourself.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
sst_chick

I am having very similar problems to yours chet, same stall, same sucking noise through intake...I have replaced O2 sensors, worked for a while, then I had to replace the catalytic converter, it still doesn't run properly. Mechanic cant make head nor tail of this issue. Please tell me if you get yours running properly, I really am at a loss as I cant drive the truck as it cant idle for more than a couple of seconds, I have to put it into park and rev the engine at a light to keep it running. Its getting worse and Im not getting a code. I would really like to hear what worked, thanks!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Mudbone25
Professional

heres the link for cleaning your Thottlebody

Old 05-14-2008, 07:35 AM
tomwom

ORIGINAL: sst_chick

I am having very similar problems to yours chet, same stall, same sucking noise through intake...I have replaced O2 sensors, worked for a while, then I had to replace the catalytic converter, it still doesn't run properly. Mechanic cant make head nor tail of this issue. Please tell me if you get yours running properly, I really am at a loss as I cant drive the truck as it cant idle for more than a couple of seconds, I have to put it into park and rev the engine at a light to keep it running. Its getting worse and Im not getting a code. I would really like to hear what worked, thanks!
I was having the same problem. After the 3rd IAC my mechanic noticed I had a bad cell in my battery, he replaced the battery and put a new IAC in and now all is well. He told me that having the bad battery was the reason the electrics in the IAC was going bad. I don't know if that was really it or just a coincidence, anyways, have your battery checked.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:50 AM
chet
Professional

I tried having my batt. checked and they always tell me its not fully charged so they cant check it.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
RangerMateo

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

The blind leading the blind lol.
Off topic, I know, but I just had to hijack the whole "Blind leading the blind" thing. I'm at Vance, which most people know is a pilot training base...what most people DON'T know is that it is also a RAPCON (Air Traffic Control) training base. So you have student controllers controlling student pilots. It makes for some interesting stuff on the radios...

Quick Reply: Stall at Idle.