2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parking The Dodge :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 PM
8t5gt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking The Dodge :(

hey guys im just posting about parking my dodge. gas is rediculous its $1.30 a liter (canada)
and i cant afford it anymore. im putting my tempo back on the road to save money for the lift kit tires and gears. also ill let you guys know, my dodge is pretty effin tough. i drove it for a year with no transfercase fluid. i knew it was leakin a bit but never checking it cuz theres about 4 inches of undercoating on all sides of it, so i degreased and power washed it and checked lol. nothing. i resealed and filled it up. now my speedo quit and im on my third tps. they keep going on me. soo im parking it to fix it up and save for parts. ill still be on here tho.

-Vince

Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Silver_Power
Veteran
Default RE: Parking The Dodge :(

i feel ya vince.. after i get a few upgrades under my belt.. gonna have to invest in something else as well. =( sad day that will be.

- Camron

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Shawn86
Professional

I think we're all getting to that point! I'm actually starting to think about just ditching it . Between the tranny and fuel and everything else, tires coming up soon, I could get myself into a little fuel efficient something. But we'll see.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
timsalas
Veteran

yep, same kinda deal with me cept I'm gonna drive 50% truck 50% bus when going to work,,, I funkin love my truck and I don't Wana stop driving it , but I'm paying about 4.50 a gallon right now and its getting hard on ma wallet makes me very sad

Tim

Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I guess I'm just a little suprised why you ever want to save money for a lift and gears if your having a hard time affording gas. Gas will continue to rise, and a liftkit with bigger gears and presumably bigger tires will make your gas situation even worse. I love lifted trucks, I had one, but with gas like you said, it wasn't realistic. Goodluck with your decisions man. And yes these motors suck fuel, and gas price suck too!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 AM
heavyduty1983
Professional

yea i now limit myself to running around like i used to, if i have to make any big trips i use my roommates Toyota Yaris, awesome on gas but bout the size of a sardine can and i ain't no little tike either and since it ain't my car i don't have a heavy foot like with my truck, no matter how high gas keeps getting i feel i have to get on it every now and then, im a speed addict lol i need counseling

Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 PM
8t5gt
Veteran

it is a sad day, im going outside right now to put the tempo together to get it saftied. the reason im parkin it to lift it and stuff is cause i will use it for a summer driver and stuff like that. im not worried about driving a huge truck with monster tires and stuff in the summer only cuz i dont do alot of driving my work and girlfriend are close by soo im only running to the beer store and small stuff like that so if im only paying for gas not repairs it will be eaiser to handle., i was going to park it in the winter anyway because im gonna save it from salt and what not but the steering box is leakin and stuff and fixing it along with gas is rediculous so its my only option, i got my bodylift gonna put it on as soon as i get the car on the road. i cant wait. then im gonna sand prime and bedliner the fram and stufff like that, i cleaned up and bedlined my front wheel wells and took the ugly *** plastic liners out. ill take pics as i update. as for now wish my luck on getting this tempo on the road... PeaCe

- vince

Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Instead of driving the tempo you should just get a better paying job. Then gas wouldn't be an issue. I know easier said than done right...

The other thing to think of is what would happen to you if you were in an accident? If someone in an SUV or something plows into you and you're in a tempo you might die. If you were in your truck you'd probably be okay. I know gas is expensive and everything, but you have to think about the things you can't afford to lose. Like your health, your life, or your ability to walk. Just some food for thought. Deffinetly post up some pics when you get that body lift on.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Shawn86
Professional

Heads up on fuel prices, there more expnsive in summer cause thats when everybody goes on trips! My family suggested that I ride my mountain bike to work! Yeah you know, its only 20 miles with a 2000 foot elevation gain in a about 5miles!! No freakin way! I'm thinking about just getting an enduro or street legal dirt bike, that way I can keep my baby and not have to feed it a fifth of my paycheck everyweek!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:21 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

yeah, I just picked myself up an old toyota corolla getting 30 mpg and more for my daily driver sadly enough the truck is slowly becoming primarily a work truck and special occasions like taking my boat out. It is nice to be able to fill a tank with 40 dollars and then have it last 2 weeks though, unlike the truck, 85 if its not completely empty and lasts a little over a week... but I will miss using my truck all the time and having everyone stop and stare because either they know what a nice truck is, or because they heard my exhaust rumbling down the road.

Quick Reply: Parking The Dodge :(