2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:30 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Since forum won't let me type much for some reason, I have to make this short. Transmission is still doing skip into overdrive. Truck is cutting out at WOT around 90mph. Truck also won't shift out of 2nd gear at WOT unless you let off. In overdrive, pedal is abnormally sensitive, and makes you pump the gas pedal everytime you hit a bump and it's driving me insane. What can I do guys???

Old 06-07-2008, 10:48 PM
tresvn
Veteran
Default RE: Need help

did you get the build sheet?

Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes did you get the build sheet? I'd take that thing back. It should for sure not be doing that. I'd keep on them until it's all fixed. They clearly tried to cover up the problems instead of actually fixing them and it caused more problems. I think you need to post the build sheet though.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

We need a build sheet dude. Otherwise all we can do is say "go yell at your tranny guys".

I was afraid they'd make it worse when you took it in. Now, when you bring it back to them again, they're going to claim that they just can't please you and that you'll never be satisfied, to cover up their shotty work.

Take it back and have them test drive it again (with you in the passenger seat). Tell them its not a loss of performance that you're talking about, its really messed up, especially with that 2nd gear thing.

Good luck.

EDIT: On the bright side of things, it appears that I can post more than two sentences at a time now.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:49 PM
wvjefo
Professional

YOU DRIVE YOUR 5000 LB Truck at 90 MPH & OVER???!!!!! WITH 285 TIRES???!!!

Are you a pro race driver or just suicidal???

Jeff

Old 06-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

C’mon man, you keep starting new threads asking the same question, so don’t get upset if you keep getting the same answers…

1.) You really need to post a build sheet. You really need to do this for anyone to help you out otherwise all we can really tell you is…

2.) Keep taking it back to the shop until they get it right, which they may likely never do because you never listened to step 3, and this is really the most important…

Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

3.) Quit taking your truck to these gypsy shops. How many members of this forum told you to go with APS, or Dr. Evil, or Jasper, etc… but you didn’t listen to them, and you went to this New England transmission shop...

Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
mr.nixon
Default alternator

i need to know if there is any alternator upgrades cuz now that i put my system in my laght dim alot and i already bought the optima gel batterie but still does the same i do have a capacitor 2.0 farad but still the same problem!

Old 06-08-2008, 04:06 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: alternator

Try starting a new thread in the Durango section dude !

Old 06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Default RE: alternator

It's very frustrating. I asked the guy straight on for a build sheet, and I never received one. Could a torque converter, that is too strong for the truck, be causing the skip into overdrive. Also, my pedal in overdrive is so god damn sensitive, every bump makes me pump the gas pedal, it's probably the most annoying thing about this transmission.