2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 boggin out and flooding

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 02:35 AM
83blazerlayedout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 boggin out and flooding

why post on this thread and ***** it up cause of ink? anyways yea it chugs and stuff like all the sudden.... ive heard from some guy that it may be my map sensor??? im almost for sure its not my o2 sensor cause the check engine light never came on when it was chugging, but like he said above, i would let it sit and it would eventually clear out and run fine, until like a few miles down the road and do the same thing...... i was thinkin the fuel pump but i dunno what to do now...... and no it has nothing to do with the spark at all

Old 01-20-2005, 06:54 AM
moparmania
Veteran

is there a way to get a multi meter on the fuel pump and test it to see if its bad???

Old 01-20-2005, 01:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

the way to test it is to put a fuel pressure guage on the fuel rail and monitor the fuel pressure. Should be around 49psi and constant for a non-return system. You might need to put an extention hose on it so you can run the guage up towards the windshield so you can monitor it while you take it for a spin.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:11 PM
HemiMan02
Professional

i would definatly say that its the 02 sensor...basically the sensor determines how the engine is runing...rich lean etc...and since you drilled out your cat its prolly telling the PCM that your running lean with all the extra oxygen so its telling it to dump in tons of fuel. your prolly would have noticed a difference in fuel milege. you can also look at the data stream (if u have access to a scan tool) and look at the injector pulse width and the voltage reading of 02 sensor.instead of buying some fancy device to change your 02 sensor info...figure out the amperage and voltage then go to you local radio shack...buy a resistor and wire it in. resistors are less than $1.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:49 PM
P.B.
Rookie

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC COMPUTOR, BUT 90% OF THEM WILL RUN WHAT THEY CALL A 50/50 SIGNAL TO THE COMPUTOR WHEN THE O2 SENSOR IS UNPLUGGED. THE TRUCK WILL NOT IDLE, BUT SHOULD RUN FINE OTHERWISE. NEXT TIME YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM, UNPLUGG THE O2 SENSOR AND START THE VEHICLE. DO NOT DRIVE THE TRUCK WITH THE O2 SENSOR UNPLUGGED. THIS SHOULD TELL YOU WHETHER OR NOT IT IS YOUR O2 SENSOR. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. YOU WILL HAVE TO RESET THE COMPUTOR TO GET RID OF IT, OR AFTER 50 ROUTINE KEY CYCLES IT WILL GO AWAY AND BE STORED AS AN INTERMITTANT CODE IN THE COMPUTOR. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A O2 SENSOR ACT UP WITH SUDDEN INTERMITTANCY, AND I HAVE REPLACED A CRAP LOAD OF BAD ONES. IF STEVE IS RIGHT ABOUT YOUR TRUCK ONLY HAVING ONE O2 SENSOR ,WHICH I BELIEVE HE IS, THEN IT IS A "BANK ONE" O2 SENSOR. THAT MEANS IT IS BEFORE THE CAT. IF SO THE CAT WILL HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO EFFECT ON THIS SENSOR. THE BEST WAY TO TEST A COIL IS WHEN THE TRUCK IS GIVING YOU CRAP , SHUT IT OFF, PULL A PLUG WIRE OFF THE PLUG, PUT A SPARE PLUG IN THE WIRE. SET IT NEXT TO THE BLOCK, START THE VEHICLE. LOOK AT THE COLOR OF THE SPARK. BLUE, OR WHITE IS GOOD.RED ORANGE OR DEEP YELLOW IS A WEEK COIL. IF YOU HAVE COIL PACKS BE SURE TO CHECK EACH ONE. IF YOU FIND A BAD ONE, SWITCH IT WITH ANOTHER. IF THE PROBLEM FOLLOWS THE BAD COIL THEN ITS THE COIL. IF THE PROBLEM SWITCHES TO THE COIL YOU SWITCHED THEN IT IS A BAD IGNITION MODULE. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED. ALSO DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OR DID YOU HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?????

Old 01-23-2005, 03:16 AM
83blazerlayedout

dont have check engine light anymore..... it was throwing these codes..... 32, 37 and 51, 32 was egr..... i replaced that because the pressure sensor was DESTROYED. so cleared the codes by disconnecting the batt terminal.... started it up and it ran BEAUTIFUL. i was like hell ya maybe this was the problem, i go home, turn around after i get my stuff to go to work and NO check engine light........ and it started bogging again.. check engine light never came on when it was bogging itself out..... thats why i dont think it would be the 02 sensor.... and i havent driven it since wednesday and tonite is sat night....

this is what i heard from some supposed "mechanic" he said check my map sensor vaccum line for condensation??? im not vehicle illiterate, i built a 350 thats in my truck in my sig just below this... and ive done alot of mechainical work, but this computer **** is for the birds.......

Old 01-23-2005, 03:19 AM
83blazerlayedout

oh and the other codes, yea i know the 37 is for the tranny something and 51 is 02... but after i replaced the egr... the light never came back on..... one time it did, i shut it off and did the code check, and all it was was the tranny problem... so the o2 sensor is out... and besides, it would throw the check engine light up once it was started because it starts blowing out exhaust right when its running.... so im really lost and getting rides to work SUCK, so if anyone can help... wow i would **** myself.... lmao

Old 01-24-2005, 02:58 AM
DWILHA

CAN SOMEONE SAY MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR, SOUNDS LIKE TO ME, OPEN AND CLOSED CIRCUIT EXPLAINS WHY IT RUNS FINE FOR AWHILE

Quick Reply: 95 boggin out and flooding