2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:01 PM
8t5gt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Question

OMG theres a ram with floorboards at my shoulder height( im 5'11) and he has the blueish hids. they look ridiculously bad. we cruise around on sunday nights and if hes commming at me i wanna kill him. from about 1/8 mile away i just wanna punch him in the face. mabye that what u mean about not going well with the headlights in our trucks, it must light up at night for him but foreveryone else its rediculous.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:40 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's like that for everyone else while scattering the light everywhere so it doesn't light up the road that well for you. A retro fit would probably blind people less and light up the road a lot better for you.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Viper37
Banned

I have HID's in my Ram and dont have problems with glare. Aim your lights low and right.

I've posted time and time again on this, yet nobody seems to listen.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Viper37, have you ever been riding in a car or driven a car up to or past your truck at night when its lights are on, to see if "you don't have any problems"?

I run white bulbs that are borderline blue (8500k), but not HID. They look really neat and give the truck a lot newer look than 2001, but people in smaller cars like to flash me thinking I have my highs on. Usually happens about once every week or two. I've seen my wife pull it up to me before at night with the lights on, and it isn't high beam bright from her Jeep or standing outside... but then again, its a SUV and I'm 6'3" tall.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Viper37
Banned

Yes I have. I have driven by, as well as had my neighbor who is a Sherrif's deputy take a look at my truck. Neither of us had any objection once I had aimed the lights.

People flash you because you have those annoying blue 8000k headlights. Mine are 5000. Pure white.

I havent so much as been flashed, and I live in densely populated San Diego.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
8t5gt
Veteran

ORIGINAL: jason.w

Viper37, have you ever been riding in a car or driven a car up to or past your truck at night when its lights are on, to see if "you don't have any problems"?

I run white bulbs that are borderline blue (8500k), but not HID. They look really neat and give the truck a lot newer look than 2001, but people in smaller cars like to flash me thinking I have my highs on. Usually happens about once every week or two. I've seen my wife pull it up to me before at night with the lights on, and it isn't high beam bright from her Jeep or standing outside... but then again, its a SUV and I'm 6'3" tall.
where did you get your bulbs? i need brighter ones for my headlight covers and those sound perfect.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Viper37
Banned

Blue headlights For the Lose.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking he got them from eBay. I think I hear him say that in a past post. You can get Euro Dezigns from their site or from eBay. A buddy used to have some yellow ones and loved them. Another brand I've found I've liked is Farenheit. You can get them at Millionbuy.com cheap.

I don't know that any blue bulbs are better vision wise than stock most just look better and some light up the road a better color to me anyway. I've tried several brands of bulbs and read several articles. The put out a nice color but none that I've found seem much better than stock if any.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Viper37
Banned

Why would you buy blue headlight bulbs?

Honestly. Blue and beyond 6000k are the least visible colors of the spectrum. Total waste of money for a headlight application. Not to mention ricetacular.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my ram eats rice-ers for breakfast

Quick Reply: Headlight Question