2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need a track bar / has my truck been lifted?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Machine71
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I need a track bar / has my truck been lifted?

Nice looking truck, I have to get better pictures of mine. What I like about ours, and the reason that I will willing to take on a small project, is the regular cab and long bed. Seems like every truck I looked at was an extended cab with a shorter bed. Something I didn't want.

I got the Yokohoma 265's put on for $600, it had some big *** steel studded snow tires on it.

Also, I ordered the Moog track bar from the local auto parts store. I like to give them the first try on anything I buy because they have been real good to me over the years. They know their stuff and are always helpful, plus they stay open for awhile on Sunday which is rare for a small place.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
sunngod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need a track bar / has my truck been lifted?

I was in the same situation. I needed a truck, not a car with a little bed. Yours looks like a SLT so you got a little more luxury in yours than mine. Mine has manual windows and locks along with a rubber matt. I guess it makes clean up easier and less to break, but it is a hassle when you stop to talk to someone and you have to jump to the other side to roll the window down.

I paid $2900 for my truck. I was concerned because it came from NJ, but it has no rust at all. With the exception of the worn out tires andI just found that the rear axle seals are shot it is in very good shape. My next project will be to replace the seals.

The otherthing I am looking at is the 4x4 posi-lok. I had a jeep that had this vacuum shift motor and I got stuck because the vacuum line broke.

Quick Reply: I need a track bar / has my truck been lifted?