2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Converting from gas to hydrogen

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Converting from gas to hydrogen

What parts or types of parts is he getting from Radio Shack? Many other places to get things cheaper.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Visious 318
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transistors, blank circit board, micro processer

All we have around is Radio shack
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL So many things about this make me laugh. The latest... you found blueprints but, you can't find anything other than a local Radio Shack. Hilarious man.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a time machine to sell you, just don't forget to put the crystals in...

Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Might need to buy some new crystals at Radio Shack. Hopefully the flux capacitor is still in working order.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the first H2 car that will probably see mass production in the US:

http://world.honda.com/fcx/

Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Visious 318

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

#1) If it sounds too good to be true, then it's total BS
#2) Why are people hawking this on the InterWeb Thingy?
#3) If there were any truth to it, auto manufactuers would be incorporating the technology on new cars

This is all BS snake oil.
1. Their is a order placed for 10-25 new Millitary Hummers to run on gas/hydrogen. Order to be filled next year.

2. If it has the Millitary/goverment attention it must be worth talking about.

3. The guy is meeting with 3 auto manufactors and letting them bid for the rights for has patent

4. I have a freind who got the blueprints to the hydogen covertion you guys just havn't looked hard enough
Well, Bob the Bull****ter, if you had a clue then you'd know that Hydrogen is a very INTENSE and COSTLY substance to extract, meaning that the cost to extract it far exceeds any potential cost savings. Your "friend" isn't burning Hydrogen in his gas-fired engine.

Be sure to explain to me the mythical 100mpg carburetor. Oh, and Auto Manufacturers don't bid on patents. What are you, 17?

Now wut?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Machine71
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmiller

I'm just wondering if any forum members have had any experience converting their gasoline engines to hydrogen. If so, my specific question is have you had any problems with corrosion to valves, exhaust, or any other components? I'm giving serious consideration to making this conversion to my 95 Ram 318 engine in the near future.
In case you have no idea what I'm talking about check out www.drivewithwaterfuel.com

What some people are doing is making a canister that they fill with water, then they put in some kind of stainless steel thing that they put a charge to and the water releases its hydrogen. They then pipe that hydrogen to their intake somehow, and also do something to the computer (or one of the sensors) to foolit into putting less gasoline in the cylinders.

The idea is that you are replacingthe airin the mixture with a flammable gas (hydrogen), so you need less gasoline to make the power you are asking for, thereby saving fuel.

Whether this works or not, I don't know. It's not a complete hydrogen conversion, you are only "piping" a little in to save gas.

If you Google or YouTube "HHO", you'll find everything you need to know to try it yourself, no blueprints necessary.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Machine71

ORIGINAL: rmiller

I'm just wondering if any forum members have had any experience converting their gasoline engines to hydrogen. If so, my specific question is have you had any problems with corrosion to valves, exhaust, or any other components? I'm giving serious consideration to making this conversion to my 95 Ram 318 engine in the near future.
In case you have no idea what I'm talking about check out www.drivewithwaterfuel.com

What some people are doing is making a canister that they fill with water, then they put in some kind of stainless steel thing that they put a charge to and the water releases its hydrogen. They then pipe that hydrogen to their intake somehow, and also do something to the computer (or one of the sensors) to foolit into putting less gasoline in the cylinders.

The idea is that you are replacingthe airin the mixture with a flammable gas (hydrogen), so you need less gasoline to make the power you are asking for, thereby saving fuel.

Whether this works or not, I don't know. It's not a complete hydrogen conversion, you are only "piping" a little in to save gas.

If you Google or YouTube "HHO", you'll find everything you need to know to try it yourself, no blueprints necessary.

HHO = H2O DUH!!!!! Damn, you guys believe anything, don't you?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Visious 318
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1301504/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Need i say more
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Converting from gas to hydrogen