2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Converting from gas to hydrogen

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Converting from gas to hydrogen

the hho works.. will post pictures soon

Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Ramsrush
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Government hydogen vehicles? That's gonna cost the **** out of us

Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jason.w

If it was feasible, the big automakers would already be doing it to squeeze out extra MPGs and get the EPA off their backs, as well as attracting more consumers.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Gary-L
Legend

ORIGINAL: iwhitne

the hho works.. will post pictures soon
BULL****.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
ant824

First off there are ways to do hydrogen conversion but the only problem is that it costs thousands of dollars to do this and it isnt cost effective. Also, you are very ignorant if you think the automakers would make it if there was a way. There are ways to make cars run on 100 mpg, there are ways to make engines that run only on electricity, and there are ways to make cars that run on hydrogen. We have all even seen prototypes of hydrogen cars and even saw them close to ten years ago. The problem with doing these three things is the fact that it costs too much to convert over a program that is successful, cheap, and reliable. The reason there arent more hybrids out there is the additional cost of the vehicle goes to the overall price of the vehicle making customers not want to spend the money. Then they dont make enough to make up the cost of the r&d depts. to make the vehicles as cheap and reliable as possible.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: ant824

First off there are ways to do hydrogen conversion but the only problem is that it costs thousands of dollars to do this and it isnt cost effective. Also, you are very ignorant if you think the automakers would make it if there was a way. There are ways to make cars run on 100 mpg, there are ways to make engines that run only on electricity, and there are ways to make cars that run on hydrogen.
Ignorant? You make a lot of generalizations and statements with no facts to back them up to be telling us we're ignorant.

Hydrogen refueling stations are not common enough and more dangerous than gasoline stations.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I would post more about the electric car theory, but the forum isn't letting me post more than a sentence or so. Really getting sick of that.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Gary-L
Legend

ORIGINAL: jason.w

I would post more about the electric car theory, but the forum isn't letting me post more than a sentence or so. Really getting sick of that.
Yeah, I noticed that too. What the heck is up with this board?

Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 AM
repnatl

Im not too concerned about the amp draw. Ive swapped my 90amp to a 120 amp and now currenty modded mine to bolt on the 160amp alternator from an 01 durango 5.9 also have two low amp draw electric cooling fans. Im curious as to how much more mpg this will make.

Quick Reply: Converting from gas to hydrogen