2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Madness Started

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, don't forget to post pic's of those blue fel-pro valve cover gaskets that you stole from my buddy LOL. I still laugh about that... lol. Looks like things are comming along still. When does your summit stuff arrive?

Old 11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

Yes, it is normal to find the stock timing chain with that much play.

Make sure you mark the disty base to engine block position before you pull it.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the heads up td. I knew i read somewhere i had to mark something but didn't know what.

Summit stuff arrived today. I ordered my heads yesterday. i still gotta call southeastrt about my rr's. Been watching a autometer cobolt wideband setup. I like how they glow blue think the blue would look sweet in my truck.

Now my stupid ? is a wideband o2 sensor is the same as a wideband air/fuel ratio meter right?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 PM
neattouch648
Professional

when you pulled your intake off, did you find a lot of sludge in the valley? or was it pretty clean, my truck had 140 grand on it and when i took it apart i found a ****load of sludge and crap in there. and by the way, what do you use your truck for, or is that light bar just for show?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

No there was no sludge in the valley. It was real clean in there.

I'm a Firefighter its not just for show

Old 11-24-2008, 12:41 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Planing on yanking the stock cam tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if we're gonna install the new one yet though. Started painting a bunch of stuff. Going with High Heat aluimnum with clear coat which makes it look gray, and High Heat Ford blue. The blue is lighter then the truck but I'm hoping its gonna look ok. The picture of it I have in my head looks good.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:14 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

WOw...I am impressed...I do not have the time, knowledge or patience to do all what you are doing! Keep up the great work and let me know if you are ever in the Oregon area and want to help me on my truck!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
WOw...I am impressed...I do not have the time, knowledge or patience to do all what you are doing! Keep up the great work and let me know if you are ever in the Oregon area and want to help me on my truck!
ha ha I only have the time cause I lost my job 2 weeks ago.

knowledge? I have no idea what i'm doing lol. Thats why I'm leaving the cam removal and install to my brother in law. He rebuilt the stright 6 outta his one Ford truck.

Patience i have about none.

Oregon is a little too far away. I doubt I'll ever be out there lol

Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

We got great hunting and wonderful forest fires to put out come every summer!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Well good news is my heads, and the cam degree kit and push rod length checkers I'm borrowing off a stangnet.com buddy came in today. I got the cam removed, got the gasket surfaces scraped off, Got a few coats of paint on a bunch of the parts.

Bad news while cleaning the cam bearings I found one is is all tore up. Another one has dings on the edge. i will be ordering these either tonight or tomorow.

Pisses me off that I found this. In a way I'm happy though. I could have not changed the cam and had the bearing blow apart and totally screw my engine. Then I would have to go through this all over again

I also found after cleaning my pistons that most of them have then knicks out of them like the 4th cylinder has. Me and pc looked at my old heads and the valves look fine. I don't know what would cause this to happen.

Name:  DSC04374.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  63.7 KB
Name:  DSC04375.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  38.6 KB

Quick Reply: Madness Started