2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny shift ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i have a fastman and ive done the aps plenum kit so yes the linkage has been taken off and put back on but ve never adjusted it thing are tight right now and ill get to it soon as i can b4 a new pc and tires thats obviously more important what solenoid do i ask for when purchasing and just ask for a governor pressure sensor? and ill need a new filter and gasket and atf-4 also right like i said im leary about tranny work but im not scared to try something hell i did my plenum stuff myself couldnt be any harder right.....jay

Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Governor solenoid and governor pressure sensor. Yeah pan gasket and filter would be a good idea. Changing those two pieces is a very simple job.

But seeing as you have messed with the TV cable a good bit, id just check that out with a gauge first. Its free.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

what do you mean check it what kinda gauge? i didnt adjust it when i was working on it i just removed it and replaced it could that be the prob pls explain how to check that and i will i gotta start some where ty.....j

Old 09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Find the pressure tap in on the transmission, hook up a pressure gauge to it and read what the pressures are. I can get the pressure ranges on Monday for you if you need them. If the pressure is out of range then you need to adjust the cable unit it is in range.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

lol like a tire pressure gauge or what?......

Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto-...QQcmdZViewItem <--trans pressure gauge , use it in the SERVO ports , which could be found on the merry xmas thread , 1st and reverse use the rear servo port and check pressure , Now can the master trans builder tell us how much pressure it should be ??? ( scary when you call it a pressure tap ) LMAO ....

Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by padodgeram
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto-...QQcmdZViewItem <--trans pressure gauge , use it in the SERVO ports , which could be found on the merry xmas thread , 1st and reverse use the rear servo port and check pressure , Now can the master trans builder tell us how much pressure it should be ??? ( scary when you call it a pressure tap ) LMAO ....

Hey bud. Do you have a problem?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by padodgeram
Anyway.

If you refer to your shopkey transmission data cd's, alldata, or ATSG book they specifically refer to "pressure taps", thats what they are. Why is it scary to refer to something by its proper name? Also your procedure for checking hydraulic pressures is all wrong.

Youre going to need two gauges, one that reads to 100psi, and a second that reads to 300psi. Reverse and O/D have pressures that go over 100psi. If the OP would like i can print off the step by step procedure for properly checking the different pressures on the 46/47RE.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

well if i could get these #'s ill check the pressure and i need two gauges why not just one that goes to 300psi ineed some more explaining on this situation if i could with out the bs guys were not kids anymore im just trying to learn and absorb along with fixing my truck.....t y.....j

Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jusjay727
ineed some more explaining on this situation if i could with out the bs guys were not kids anymore im just trying to learn and absorb along with fixing my truck.....t y.....j
BS? Do you want the right information or the wrong information? Im just trying to make sure you get the correct info to diagnose your truck.

Quick Reply: tranny shift ?