2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Your Opinon

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DodgeRam1500
Jason.W, sorry I was supposed to check with you before I complained... hehe.
Yeah, you'd better be sorry. Should have you banned. J/K.

I know you claim its the exception, HTM, but my family has had good luck with their Dodges. This is our third Dodge vehicle in a row, my father has a 1994 Dakota (had it for four or five years, no problems), I had my 1995 Dakota (only problem was the tranny started slipping slightly between 2nd and 3rd), and I traded it in for my 2001 Ram.

My mother just bought herself a 2005 Chrysler 300C, we'll see how my family likes the Hemi. My dad dropped his jaw when I told him it had sixteen spark plugs.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way fellas, I love my Dodge. There isn't anything wrong with complaining about a few things. I bought the truck with 98,000 miles on it, it's prone to have previous issues. But I've worked hard to restore it's image to new. I love loud guys, but there is a big differance from a nice loud truck, to a dull DRONE. My brothers truck is louder than my truck (7.5L with longtube headers, true dual exhaust, no cats, cherry bomb extremes, camshaft). Thing sounds like a god damn nascar lumping away at idle. But once it gets up to speed, she aint that bad in the cab. My truck just hums and hums and hums....that's all I'm saying. But now with the magnaflow cat and muffler, I will just need to settle. Im not giving up on my dodge, love the damn thing. Love it's looks, power, and comfort. There are a few more things that need attention though, but I've tackled 85% of it's problems, and I'm proud of that. Lawyer just called my dad back and he wants to talk. We're asking full refund. Lawyer says due to how many times we've broughten it to them could constitute a full refund. I want an APS.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Silver1500
Professional

My family has owned dodges forever, granted certain ones do have a few problems along the lines, but for the most part these trucks can take one helluva beating and are seemingly unscathed. I wouldnt say I beat on my vehicles, I baby them compared to most of my buddies, but they dont have the easiest life. I am sold on mopar and it would take something pretty serious to get me to change my mind...
ram360 have you tried moving your mufflers closer to the front or back of the truck??
I know it may sound dumb but the placement of the muffler has an affect on the tone and sometimes the volume of the exhaust. Just a thought

Old 09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
I want an APS.
Finally! You have gained wisdom, albeit through many trials and tribulations, young grasshopper. J/K.

But in seriousness, go get them man. Do everything you can, especially after that h*** they put you through.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Originally Posted by jason.w
Finally! You have gained wisdom, albeit through many trials and tribulations, young grasshopper. J/K.

But in seriousness, go get them man. Do everything you can, especially after that h*** they put you through.
Thanks Jason. I really hope I can get as far away as possible from this company. They are sketchballs. I've given them more than an ample amount of chances to fix their unit and prove to me that it wasn't faulty. Especially now that Mark has cursed me out and kicked me out and demanded $430, I defiantly do not want to go back there. I hope to get my $3,000 something dollars back and buy a brand new APS transmission and never look back again.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

As far as my muffler position, it sits where the cab and bed meet. Where do your guys' mufflers stand in regards to your trucks??

Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 PM
jmhai
Veteran

Mine is right before axle...Single in Dual out muffler (flowmaster) straight out the back...stock cat....With the radio off I love the sound, radio on don't even notice...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Mine is a little about half way between where the box meets the cab and the rear axle. Perhaps yours is a little to far forward, causing the drone you hate.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Silver1500
Professional

Mine is about a foot behind where the cab and the bed meet. I dont know if it would make any difference with the drone youre talking about but I know muffler placement affects tone and sound but i forget how it works. something like the farther forward the muffler is the louder and crisper the tone and the farther back it is the deeper and more mellow. I dont know if thats 100% correct or not so dont hold me to it lol...

Quick Reply: Your Opinon