2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Set me up for a high flow

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the CA isn't California but that's what I assumed too. Not really sure.

As for the 2.5" I guess are right you could use a reducer on the y pipe before the cat. I just used one after instead. Probably wont make much of a difference. I just like the 3" in/out incase you ever go to a 3" exhaust you don't have to change it.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN! I just called magnaflow and it is a california model.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like the CA model seems to be the most common. That's what Summit sells along with I'm sure lots of others since that's what you got. Are you going to use it or try to get something else? Is the CA model that much worse? When I asked about it I got told that it probably wasn't much of a difference but I don't know if anyone knew or not.

I wouldn't expect huge gains from a cat anyway. It's not like you are going to get 50hp from it. Infact I've not noticed much of a gain from any bolt on I've ever done to any car. Maybe a slight gain but it's always been a very very slight if I could even tell at all. The biggest difference I noticed from the cat is it got slightly louder. I don't know how to explain it but it does sound a little different.

Is your cat bad?
Honestly after looking at your cardomain page instead of doing a cat I'd have the windows tinted, buy a set of wheels, maybe some clear corners, or something like that. It would make the truck look better not that it doesn't already look awesome but it would look even better. You wouldn't notice a power gain but it would at least look better and honestly I don't think you are going to notice much of a powergain from the cat anyway.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 09-16-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Im pretty sure my cat is clogged, which is why im so eager to chage it. I don't have the power I think it should have. And 80 is my top speed not that I need to go any faster, but on the slightest incline, she can not hold speed at all. Im pretty sure my plenum is good because I've checked it 4 times in the last year. Im gonna return the cat I bought and purchase the one you recomended along with the reducer. Even if it doesn't change anything, I think 75 dollars, its worth a shot to find out anyway. Plus, a little extra bark never hurt anyone. lol

Just called the store, they have the 94109 on order and will be in tomorrow afternoon. thanks hometheaterman for the info

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 09-16-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Summit probably stocks the CA model because cost wise it's the same and then they don't have to worry about carrying a 49 state legal part.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I went back to the store, returned my old one, and had the other one I ordered waiting for me. Well... I get there and and sure enough the new one has a "CA" ending on it too. I asked the guy if there was a way I could get one without the CA ending, and he went over to the books and looked around for a bit. Then he told me whenever he looks it up, he gets the 94109 cat, but its the same cat as the one I have. The stores sticker on the box says 94109, but the magnaflow sticker on the box says 94109CA. He called his tech support? first time i've ever seen that before. Turns out after the guy on the phone looked it up, it seems that they put those two letters on the end so they can legally be sold in california. I didn't believe it at first, but he insisted it is the same cat, just has the two letters added so they can be sold in CA. Doesn't matter, I bought it, and the 3" adapter to 2.5" adapter as suggested by hometheaterman. I'll grab the front o2 sensor at autozone tomorrow and go to the shop friday morning. I'll update ya when I know more.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you, thank you! Please, don't applaud! I'll be signing autographs later.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
Thank you, thank you! Please, don't applaud! I'll be signing autographs later.
Haha, yes you were right about the "CA", and also thanks for setting me straight :applaud: . Also, thanks hometheaterman for telling me the part number of your cat, and to pick up the adapter. I have the parts now, just have to drive to the shop in the morning. Thansk guys.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Had it welded up today. It didnt sound that loud at first when the guy drove it out of the shop... Well, after I left the shop, I gave her a little bit of gas and all I have to say is... WOW. Mega loud now which is great! lol. Only snag on the whole deal is this darn o2 fiasco. For some reason my truck is retarded, and doesn't have the o2 sensor ends it is supposed too. :/ So after going on a wild goose chase, im left empty handed. My plans were to swap the front o2 only even though I wasn't throwing a code. I picked up the bosch 13100 and the guy comes out and says... its not the right one. I ran to napa... no go, I ran to parts plus.., no go, I ran to... carquest, no go. I ran to dodge..... They want 104 - 110 for the front sensor and do not stock it, and can't tell me which o2 I need without seeing the number on the o2 sensor. WTF! Instead of having the round connectors, I have the like... square connector. Anyone else ran across this?

http://moesperformance.com/index.php..._image&pID=950

I need the plug end on the left for my o2 sensor.

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 09-20-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:38 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you have a late 2001. That looks like a 2002 plug. Check it out.

Quick Reply: Set me up for a high flow