2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

projector lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Viper37
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kindschi
Also I can get plug and play HID kits (has everything you need) for 129.99. You littarly plug it into you stock socket and put the bulb in the housing. I have them on my truck (check sig) and they work great.. If your interested just shoot me a pm.
$129 for a low only 9004? I hope not, if so that's highway robbery. DDM's 35 watt kits start at $50. Bi xenon's for $125.

I have 3 of their kits in my truck. Good stuff.

http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Old 09-22-2008, 01:00 AM
nate_0022
Captain

You can use regular halogen bulbs and also that's what is recommended for these headlights unless there TRUE HID headlights which they are probably not, most aftermarket headlights are only Halogen. If you want HID's search around ebay you can usually find some decent kits.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Viper37
Banned

"TRUE HID"... What?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe he is referring to a true "retrofit" headlamp designed for HID, as opposed to a headlamp or projector designed for halogen but fitted with a HID system.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
bizlebee

ok i want to tap the halos/leds into the parking/running lights what and where is this wire located also in consideration the easiest place to locate this wire? please let me know what color this wire is too

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
tresvatos
Professional
Default 96 ram 4x4 w. Projector lights

You can look at my projectors in my pics. They look pretty awesome. I now have hid lights also. The ones in the pics are with the cheap blue bulbs. They still look good though.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Originally Posted by Viper37
$129 for a low only 9004? I hope not, if so that's highway robbery. DDM's 35 watt kits start at $50. Bi xenon's for $125.
To each there own, but in some cases you get what you pay for. If you like yours thats cool and im glad they work for you. I got Bosch and there awesome. I have them on my truck and motorcycle and never had any problems 100% waterproof too (some kits are not and burn up after the ballest gets alittle wet) But I was not willing to go cheap, too many horror stories of flickering bulbs and ballest burning up. Mine got a 3 year warrenty. Any problems I just send it back and get another sent out. I am intrested to see what the 5k's look like on our trucks, mind posting some daytime pics? Ill get some night pics of mine tonight and post em up.

Not trying to knock your choice Viper. And there are some kits that sell for 300+ in comparision 119 is not on the terribly expensive side.

BTW: My guys kits regular price 119.99 now.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
tresvatos
Professional
Default Projector Lights

Here is a pic of my Ram w. the projectors. These have the cheap blue bulbs in them right now, but I have the HID kit going in whenever I get a spare second to install them.

Last edited by tresvatos; 09-29-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
bizlebee

ok guys i have them on and wired all up and they look good. i think im gonna take them somewhere to get aimed b/c i cant seem to get them high enough. ill put some pics on here a lil later. but i am having a prob with them now and i don't know what it is ok the projectors are bright really bright just way too low then the other beam when i switch to it u might as well be driving in the DARK! i bought some better bulbs today to see if it helps but i dont think it will they look the same to me still ( but it daylight out ) so maybe the plug and play isn't getting the amount of power to them? also the high beam light in my truck in the dash stays on even if i change between high and low beam lights. oh and when i change them to the low beam ( not the projector beam) the projector beam is still on just barely on. im thinking im having a power problem to the lights or its the plug and play. ill take pics of them tonight so u all can see what i am talking about

Old 09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Here are the guidlines to help you aim you headlights. If you need help understanding let me know. Move back 25 feet from a wall on a flat surface. Measure headlights from the ground to the center of the projector, that's your projector height. Now from that height measure 2.5 inches lower that where you low step will be. Now measure the distance between your headlights, that going to give you the distance your cut offs should be apart.

Should look like this.

Should be using "C" to aim headlights.

This is how your headlights should look from about 50' back. Notice all the color on the left, and the actual light on the right, that is so you don't blind the on-comming drivers.

Last edited by nate_0022; 09-23-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: projector lights