2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I know, I think I'm a little crazy lol. I do like it loud, but the 44 just naturally crackled awkwardly. My brother ran the 40 on his truck once and I absolutely loved it, just raw chamber. I think with the cat being put back on, and the muffler being placed further from the cab, it should have less drone. I love it loud, but I don't like the drone being right underneath my cab, that gets annoying after awhile. But reflecting off of peoples cars and buildings is my favorite past time hobby lmao.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a good stereo to drown out the drone. I love my stereo although it cost quite a bit it sounds awesome.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Haha, I can now say I run the Highflow with the 44, and love it. It's only as loud as you want it to be. I was disapointed at first when I couldn't notice a huge difference when he brought it off the rack, but as soon as I got in front of the garage, I gun'd it and "wow." I get a drone around 60 which i've always gotten, but... I can't believe it makes you want to change your exhaust. Mine isn't that bad at all, just a slight hum with the muffler in the stock location. All I do is speed up or slow down when I get to that speed if it becomes a problem... not a big deal. Wish ya luck tho.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he should put a electric cutout on there and then a stock muffler. That way he can have it quiet and stock or super loud at the flip of a switch.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

At this point I'm willing to accept anything. As I've said before, I feel pretty confident that I've been getting skewed because the muffler sits pretty much underneath my cab. With a 40 series muffler sitting underneath the middle of my bed instead of under the cab, I think it will take out the physical muffler drone. The sound I love, I just never liked the actually humming the muffler made that infiltrated the cab like the windows were down. Plus I think the 40 will fit my taste better. I loved my super 44, but after I gutted the cat, it just crackled too much. Who knows though, if I don't like the 40, I may always go back to the 44. But for now it should look and sound amazing. New 4"x18" exhaust tips going out behind each rear tire with a 40 series, it's going to be nice being badass sounding again, I HATE magnaflow.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

muffler under the cab? wtf? mines way back before the rear axle. 4x18 tips, 45 degree. cant beat it.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah exactly. It sits right between where the cab and bed meet, you can see the muffler by looking down the crack. I'm going to ask him to put the muffler right before the rear differential, should make a big drone difference. I'm pumped as hell to get my flowmaster growl back, she's going to sound mean again.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

take a couple pics of your exhaust setup, I WANT TO SEE IT.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
take a couple pics of your exhaust setup, I WANT TO SEE IT.
I don't really have a camera that can take a good picture. If you look down the crack where the bed and the cab meet you can see the middle of the muffler.

Just got my flowmaster 40 series muffler and 4"x18" exhaust tips in the mail. I'm having the system installed October 6th. Should wake this truck back up. I'm simply asking him to just cut it off where the magnaflow is now and start fresh piping from there. I want the flowmaster just before the rear differential, and then have the tips coming behind each rear tire like the old days.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Made a video of the magnaflow. Hate the sound and hate the look of out the back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAh9fjtS-24

And then a video of my brother's truck making me look like *******......for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFPqgfN8COw

Then I got some brotherly love. After my friend beat me with his F-150, Mike took care of business and ate him up with the one ton lmao.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMli-gytxw&NR=1

Last edited by 05DodgeRamHemi; 09-26-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust