2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

at least thats what i heard and i think is true ,when i threw superchips on felt a big diffrence couldent imagine if i put the sct tuner on or something

Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neither of those trucks can bear my truck. My transmission is just very messed up. When you punch it from the line it will just sit there till 3000rpms then it will finally kick in. I used to beat my brothers truck WITH 35" tires and a stock transmission. That transmission robs power since day 1, especially now since it's all out of whack. Really was just trying to show you the ****ty magnaflow lol. That 460 is no turd though fellas. I love my dodge, but that 460 big block is a mammoth. He's getting a 6.5 second 0-60 in a one ton, incredible.

As for pricing, I paid $120 for tips and muffler from 21stcenturyexhaust, they have excellent prices. The exhaust shop is charging me $200 for new piping from the cat back and tips behind each rear tire. All good deals. You guys would think I'm crazy but I got some new stuff in the works too. I may be able to return my pirelli scopions and end my misery. I'm going to try and get the 33/12.5/17 procomp all terrains. I'd be one happy man. I've hated my truck with the 285s, looks so queer...

Old 09-27-2008, 03:21 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now while this was slightly over a year ago I'm sure prices have gone way up I paid $350 for my exhaust. It's a new pipe from the cat back to the muffler then a Flowmaster 40 single in dual out and then goes out to behind each rear tire with 2 stainless steel tips. I got all the parts from the exhaust shop. So $350 was parts and labor and he did a good job. Then I paid $90 later on for the same shop to put my Magnaflow cat on.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Today I finally had the magnaflow muffler taken off the truck, and had him start fresh piping from the magnaflow cat. I had him install the Flowmaster 40 series with 4"x18" exhaust tips exiting behind each rear tire. I really like this system. Sure enough, with the muffler moved about 6" back further, it made a very nice improvement with interior resonance. The muffler doesn't drone the cab as much, you can hear it coming from underneath the bed instead of the cab. While I noticed it's not as loud as the super 44 system was, I like it much better. It has a very smooth deep tone, but can easily become aggressive with the tap of the acceleration. No more awkward crackling either, it's just right, and I'm very pleased with it. I'll get some videos up as soon as I can get my hands on a video camera.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Nice. I really like my Flowmaster 40 with the Magnaflow cat.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Got around to shooting a video of my new flowmaster 40 series exhaust. I know it isn't as loud as it used to be, but I like the sound a lot better than the 44 Plus I can hear myself think when I'm casually driving. Also just got the tailgate back today, $40! They cut me a great deal and did a great job with it. Anyways...enjoy the video, maybe this weekended I'll get some revving videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQtmIBavLoY

Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Nice man. I really like it. Of course it sounds just like mine. Then again mine is a Magnaflow cat and a Flowmaster 40. I just don't have the headers and have 2.25" pipe from the muffler back instead of 2.5" ones.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thanks Will. I really do like it. I know it could be louder if I put the gutted cat back on, but to me, it's worth it being a little quieter because the drone isn't as bad. Plus, the smell of a gutted cat really gets to you when your at stop lights. I'm overall very pleased with the sound and noise level.

Quick Reply: New Exhaust