2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dynoing the fuel cooler mod tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ice in the gas tank? LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

lol, nah flex-a-lite makes a "fuel cooler which is a 2 pass cooler... summit sells them for $40~45 bux. Summit also sells a 4 pass tranny cooler from flex-a-lite for $26 bux, saves about $20 bux. downside is you pay the $11 bux handling fee they have. so it'd be good to wrap that up with other stuff your gonna get from summit

Using that plus 5/16" fuel injection hose (for the Jetta) it clamped write on to the barbs w/o needing any adapters. I dont recall if the ram used 3/8" fuel injection line or not, either way the 4 pass cooler is the way to go.

Still in the middle of catching up with all the tasks I've gotten behind on... I do still expect to get back to the data in a few hours. I did get to crunch some of the numbers and I was off... the numbers were 12~13% bump in power below 3000 rpms... above that it drops down to 8~9%. Keep in mind that this is a 1.8 turbo jetta that had a base HP of 150 with the torque somewhere in that neighborhood as well (dont remember for sure what the number was).

The 12~13% bump in low end torque would support the 6.5% bump in mileage I saw in the ram. I'm trying to find a way to display the spreadsheet in a way that it can be a jpg to help with viewing... I think I'll have to print it out in 2 pages & then scan them together as a jpg, then upload the file to photobucket.

I'm also planning on scanning in the original printouts from the dyno shop where you can see the curves & boost levels...

anyways... rest time is over... need to get back to it.

Quick Reply: Dynoing the fuel cooler mod tomorrow...