2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to get LED Dome Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Viper37
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kindschi
After driving to Radio shack and getting the supplies plus having to do the labor its probably just cheaper to buy the Led off ebay... I mean its alot less complicated to change the bulb then to make it.
Jesus, how far are you driving to Radioshack? There are 3 within a 5 mile radius of my house.

Labor? Its a 5 minute soldering job.. The LED array I built is much brighter than the $20 kits online. Not to mention easier to install and cheaper. No velcro or sticky tape, the way I built mine utilizes the factory bulb holder with no modification. Meaning I can go back to a bulb in seconds.

We have some seriously lazy and uncreative people on this forum.

Last edited by Viper37; 10-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Originally Posted by Viper37

We have some seriously lazy and uncreative people on this forum.
Yea ok! Nearest Radio to me is 11miles away one way, figure thats 2 gallons of gas for a round trip.. 3.58 a gallon... Yup im lazy! or Im a penny pincher. And I dont own a soder gun so that more money i'd have to spend..

Just because we dont have the knowledge to make a LED does not make us lazy or uncreative. I use my skills in other area that im far more comfortable in..

I think YOUR lazy and uncreative because you bought a truck rather then just build your own from scratch! so ha! take that.... lol

Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Viper37
Banned

Yea ok! Nearest Radio to me is 11miles away one way, figure thats 2 gallons of gas for a round trip.. 3.58 a gallon... Yup im lazy! or Im a penny pincher. And I dont own a soder gun so that more money i'd have to spend..

Just because we dont have the knowledge to make a LED does not make us lazy or uncreative. I use my skills in other area that im far more comfortable in..

I think YOUR lazy and uncreative because you bought a truck rather then just build your own from scratch! so ha! take that.... lol
Full sized truck owners should be prohibited from using the gas argument. Just fill it up and go. Who cares? Nobody drives a Ram to get good gas mileage. Ride your bike, or walk. You will probably pay about 8 bucks S&H on the product anyways so who cares?

Soder gun? Oh, SOLDERING gun? You would be nuts to solder LED's with a Soldering gun btw.

If you have the knowledge to install two pairs of HID ballasts into your truck, you have the knowledge to solder LED's to resistors.

I think YOUR lazy and uncreative
And I think "YOUR" grammar is atrocious.

Last edited by Viper37; 10-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

I know my grammar sucks. I type way to fast and I just dont care to go back and check all my spelling, I actually kinda like see the little squiggly red lines under half my words that let me know there misspelled, it give my post alittle flare! lol

Viper, You seem to know alot about HIDs and LEDs... and lets not forget Grammar. And I have read alot of your replies to various other post and some of them have some good info..And other have been alittle on the snobby side. But like I said, I already tried to make my own LEDs for my Motorcycle and I dont care to try it again. Its too time consuming and quite frankly its quite annoying/boring.. I could grow my own oranges and make orange juice... but why? when I can go to the store and just pickup a gallon without the hassle. Thats the same way I view this LED subject.

PS: The post was "Where to get LED Dome Lights" not how to make em. Maybe if you would do a write up and explain with detail how easy it could be to make them maybe even include some colorful pictures (i like pictures) we would attempt to be more creative and I might even try to do it again. You seem to know what your talking about, so why not teach us something? Or you could even go the other route and offer to make them for us and sell them for a profit... Just an idea... or two!

=)

Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper37
Full sized truck owners should be prohibited from using the gas argument. Just fill it up and go. Who cares? Nobody drives a Ram to get good gas mileage. Ride your bike, or walk. You will probably pay about 8 bucks S&H on the product anyways so who cares?

Soder gun? Oh, SOLDERING gun? You would be nuts to solder LED's with a Soldering gun btw.

If you have the knowledge to install two pairs of HID ballasts into your truck, you have the knowledge to solder LED's to resistors.

And I think "YOUR" grammar is atrocious.
Any pictures of what you did? Did you get a base for the bulb or what? How did you plug it into the factory plug? You should do a writeup on how to do this.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Viper37
Banned
Talking

I know my grammar sucks. I type way to fast and I just dont care to go back and check all my spelling, I actually kinda like see the little squiggly red lines under half my words that let me know there misspelled, it give my post alittle flare! lol
That made me lol.

Viper, You seem to know alot about HIDs and LEDs... and lets not forget Grammar. And I have read alot of your replies to various other post and some of them have some good info..And other have been alittle on the snobby side. But like I said, I already tried to make my own LEDs for my Motorcycle and I dont care to try it again. Its too time consuming and quite frankly its quite annoying/boring.. I could grow my own oranges and make orange juice... but why? when I can go to the store and just pickup a gallon without the hassle. Thats the same way I view this LED subject.
While I disagree, I understand where you are coming from. Touche my friend.

PS: The post was "Where to get LED Dome Lights" not how to make em.
You are only partially correct. He only specified the lights, not the bulbs.

Muahahhaha the English language is a wonderful weapon.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Im so much touche about the subject, but I was rather trying to get you to understand where im coming from, but I can see how I would of came off as touche

So hows about that write up?.... Dont forget the colorfull pictures! (if you do a write up that is).

-K

Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

uhh, that's touche as in "too-shay", meaning you made a good point.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Viper37
Banned

Lawlol

Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
uhh, that's touche as in "too-shay", meaning you made a good point.

As in douche?

Quick Reply: Where to get LED Dome Lights