2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Broken Into, Need A Little Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Bob5151
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Truck Broken Into, Need A Little Help.

Long story short, my truck was broken into last night, and the bastards basically ruined my interior. I need seats, front and rear, and all 4 door panels. Luckily, I found a truck in a junkyard this morning that matches my interior color, and is a Quad Cab like mine. I'd rather just fix it myself instead of going through insurance. Has anyone here removed seats and door panels from your truck? I never have, and I don't want to mess anything up. Do the door panels just onbolt (I can see a few bolts on them), and how about the seats? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your truck. Not sure if I can give you too much info but I will start with the front door panels. There are two screws (one by the mirror area), and one in the door cup thing. I noticed your truck is exactly the same as my truck. I dont have power anything so to remove the window crank, there is a something like a "c clip" that you will have to get off. I used a paperclip bent out straight to pop the one side, then wedged a pair of needle nose plyers to bump the bottom tab and she came right off. Im sure you can rig up something to do that. If you have power (which im not sure if you do since you have standard, I assume not) i can't help you with anything additional on top of what I told you. The door clips are a PITA! I didn't have a tool to remove them when I installed my speakers so I wedged a narrow putty knife up around the door till I felt the clip, took one wack with a hammer and the clip gets sliced in half like a hot knife through butter. Made the door removal a breeze, but .... when I called dodge to get replacements, they wanted 6.35 each. I did my speakers last summer so my memory is a little faint. I think there is between 11-13 on the front door panels, and... 8 I believe on the rear doors. I used the putty knife method on the rear as well. I ended up going to napa and took one of my clips with me and we matched up one out of there book. the trim clips is white instead of yellow now, but my panels are super tight. I got 3 big boxes and ended up with a few extra. I think it comes out exact if you get 2 boxes and one bag of clips, but... I like to have a few extra on hand just in case. Im sorry I dont have the part number, and wont be able to get it until... at least a week when I return home. The parts store should be able to match no problem. As far as your seats. I think there is one plug you may have to disconnect under the driver seat (sorry, i've never removed my seats before and I assume the plug is for the seatbelt circuit) The bolts are underneat the seats. Shouldn't be many more than four. Thats about all I can help you with. Again sorry to hear that happend. Wish you luck Oh, btw, assuming you dont have power stuff, you might have the same exact truck I do. Do you have steel wheels too?

Old 10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Bob5151
Veteran

Ok, thanks for the help man. I'm going to go over today and try to take this stuff out. I do have a base model truck, no power anything. I have steel wheels, the chrome plated styled steel ones. Once again, than you for the help, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Viper37
Banned

Wait a second. What's the deductible on your insurance? If it's low (500) I would most definitely make a claim on that. You will be getting brand new interior parts. (Probably right around $2500)

Old 10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Bob5151
Ok, thanks for the help man. I'm going to go over today and try to take this stuff out. I do have a base model truck, no power anything. I have steel wheels, the chrome plated styled steel ones. Once again, than you for the help, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Haha thats sweet. You are the first exact match (besides wheels) I have found. Can't say I have been really looking either but thats pretty cool.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Viper37
Wait a second. What's the deductible on your insurance? If it's low (500) I would most definitely make a claim on that. You will be getting brand new interior parts. (Probably right around $2500)
Haha, don't forget to mention they cracked your dash in the process too jk jk

Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Bob5151
Veteran

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
Haha thats sweet. You are the first exact match (besides wheels) I have found. Can't say I have been really looking either but thats pretty cool.
Yeah, I know exaclty what you mean. It seems like most Rams are SLT's, especially the Quad Cabs. When I bought my truck, I really wanted an ST, I like the manual windows and vinyl trimmed seats and all. I guess I'm weird. I had to go to Delaware to find mine (I live just north of Philadelphia), and I'm glad I did.

Haha, don't forget to mention they cracked your dash in the process too jk jk
Oh, don't worry, that's been cracked for a while.......or has it?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Bob5151
Yeah, I know exaclty what you mean. It seems like most Rams are SLT's, especially the Quad Cabs. When I bought my truck, I really wanted an ST, I like the manual windows and vinyl trimmed seats and all. I guess I'm weird. I had to go to Delaware to find mine (I live just north of Philadelphia), and I'm glad I did.
Wow, small world My truck was bought right before the delaware line. (like rt 1 and rt 202) Down 202 towards delaware on the left hand side. Raymond dodge, but now it is David dodge. I don't usually go towards philly, but to give you a general ballpark, im exactly an hour away from KOP mall.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Bob5151
Veteran

Wow, small world My truck was bought right before the delaware line. (like rt 1 and rt 202) Down 202 towards delaware on the left hand side. Raymond dodge, but now it is David dodge. I don't usually go towards philly, but to give you a general ballpark, im exactly an hour away from KOP mall.
Ok, I'm about 90 minutes from KOP. I'm the other way, though. I got mine at Carmen Dodge in Wilmington. I don't know Delaware very well at all, but it wasn't far from I-95.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper37
And then, depending on your age and your insurance company, watch your rates go up.

Sorry, I severely dislike insurance companies.

Quick Reply: Truck Broken Into, Need A Little Help.