2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noises/Vibrations from front end

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Ramtooler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises/Vibrations from front end

Hey guys and girls. I have a 96 Ram 1500 4x4 with about 88,000 miles on it. When im drivng down the road there is a loud thud/vibration coming from right up under where the front passengers feet are. If your a passenger you can really feel it bad. Now i know that the top control arm bolts up in that area and was wondering if it might be bad bushings on them or if it might be worn out suspension parts. It almost feels like the front end isnt attached to that side, but it is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kyle

Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 PM
wkeiter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noises/Vibrations from front end

I have the same problem with my 01 Ram and I'm being told its probably the crappy Track Bar running from the axel on the passenger side to the crossmember on the driver's side. Haven't changed it out yet, still debating on going with a DT Track bar or a Thuren Track bar. The DT just bolts on after some drilling and the Thuren requires welding, I would like to go with the Thuren but need to find a shop to weld the bracket on. I can feel the same thing in the floorboard on the passenger side, hope this fixes the problem!

Quick Reply: Noises/Vibrations from front end