2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

big power turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think with any type of forced injection, you have to have a custum tune to take the real advantage of it.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
CaptCameltoe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by talon6
i think with any type of forced injection, you have to have a custum tune to take the real advantage of it.

Custom tunes a mandatory for any type of forced induction, but the Dodge PCM's don't lend themselves easily to radical variation from stock. The GM and Fordguys seem to have much better luck then we do. The Dodge PCM's seem to be a tougher code to crack for the tuners

Old 11-30-2008, 02:39 PM
carguysbc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the input guys i had planned on tearing down the motor and building it up to handle the boost. its actuay out f the truck and on a stand right now. while im messin around with the motor the trannys going over to the shop to be stiffened up a bit. the plan is to run twin t3-t4 hybrids with a cooler
and im going with an sct to teach the computer what it needs to know, it worked well on my ranger.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that will be interesting and ridiculously fast if you can get 'er running.

Quick Reply: big power turbo?