2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is this and what does it do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 02:31 PM
rlippy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitly carefull when routing the wire for it back in... I did my tranny swap and pinched the wire between the bell housing and block. needless to say truck wouldnt start, the engine will rotate but wont fire, it sends a code and kicks on the ASD relay wich in turn kills the spark and Fuel systems. about a month later i did and engine swap on the truck, this time i was carefull on how i routed the wire... however not carefull enough. the wire harness was to tight and when the engine torqued it ripped the wire out..... I have now done about 4 CPS in totall... Again if you are replacing it dont buy a cheap one, ive seen them go time after time.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
rlippy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh also yes the flex plate does only go on one way..... definitly mark it before taking it off... I found out the hard way.