2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Defroster not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 05:55 PM
krazybob
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
What vehicle? Sounds like a blend door if you can't hear the door, where you normally did. The not blowing at all could be the motor. I can get until more details once I get the vehicle information
okay. We managed to dig the truck out. When they designed my house they put the garage at the bottom of a 120 ft driveway that even in 4 by 4 is not going to get up the hill so we have to park at the top out in the open of the cul-de-sac.
Blowing snow blue one and a half feet underneath the entire right-hand side and we had to chip away at it before we could finally break it free. However. It feels like there's something up underneath the right floor board that is still frozen. It's a clunking sound when I apply the brakes. I suppose it could be the line going to the brakes but there's no fluid leakage. I read that there is a vacuum line that activates the defroster and I'm wondering if that's what I'm looking at.Just wanted to give you a final update as I await your kind assistance. I'm disabled and getting underneath there to look around is difficult at best. Add snow and the disabled idiot and that spells trouble. Lol.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by krazybob
okay. We managed to dig the truck out. When they designed my house they put the garage at the bottom of a 120 ft driveway that even in 4 by 4 is not going to get up the hill so we have to park at the top out in the open of the cul-de-sac.
Blowing snow blue one and a half feet underneath the entire right-hand side and we had to chip away at it before we could finally break it free. However. It feels like there's something up underneath the right floor board that is still frozen. It's a clunking sound when I apply the brakes. I suppose it could be the line going to the brakes but there's no fluid leakage. I read that there is a vacuum line that activates the defroster and I'm wondering if that's what I'm looking at.Just wanted to give you a final update as I await your kind assistance. I'm disabled and getting underneath there to look around is difficult at best. Add snow and the disabled idiot and that spells trouble. Lol.
I would like to help you but I am not to familiar with the 2nd gen Durango's as this is the Ram part of the forum. I am pretty sure your HVAC system is electronic so I believe it is the switch module that is bad

Old 02-10-2019, 01:43 AM
krazybob
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Your system is completely different from ours. You are in the wrong section. You need to be in the 2nd Gen Durango Section. You will get more help there then here. My bet would be the module though.
According to the avatars for Dodge Durango first generation is 1998 to 2003. 2nd generation is 2004 forward. Based on that it would appear that I am in the correct group.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,208 Likes on 2,959 Posts

Originally Posted by krazybob
According to the avatars for Dodge Durango first generation is 1998 to 2003. 2nd generation is 2004 forward. Based on that it would appear that I am in the correct group.
A Durango is not a Ram. The HVAC systems are completely different.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:35 AM
krazybob
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
A Durango is not a Ram. The HVAC systems are completely different.
As I have discovered. I'm on my cell phone and when the message popped up it did not specify that this was the ram group. When a list of new post shows up it doesn't specify or I should say restrict them to first gen Durango. Only by looking at it closer could I see that. Thank you nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Defroster not working properly