2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electric Fans? What do I gotta do exactly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You want a locker or an LSD? A locker can be mean on the street.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Silver1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a locker... I helped a buddy of mine put a locker in an F150 awhile back, i forget what brand/model it was, but I drove the truck a few times and it wasnt too bad...
I was actually a little impressed, I was expecting it to feel like the spider gears were welded together, but it was pretty smooth even around tight turns in parking lots and whatnot. If i decide I dont like it I can always go the other route and get an LSD.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver1500
i am going to buy a dual electric fan setup for my truck. I know that summit has one that is taylor made for our trucks, but i refuse to spend nearly $600.00 on fans. They have a dual fan on summit for about $215.00 and the thermal switch is gonna be another $20 ontop of that. I was just wondering though, will electric fans affect my a/c?
I noticed on summit that there is a special relay, something about a/c.
I am pretty good at wiring and whatnot, but i was hoping that someone else would know what is exactly involved with wiring up these fans. I know i can do it, i just wanna know what im getting myself into first.
Thanks for any help!!
i have the flex-a-lite dual electric fans with thermostat controller. It came with all of the mounting brackets, wires etc and it wasn't hard to do. Aim4squirrels is correct on the a/c switch thing but it's not hard to disconnect at the controller during colder months. I don't remember paying that much for it though and i got mine from jegs. I'll try to take some pics and post them but it's hard with this system because it keeps saying the pic is too large when i try to attach it to messages

Old 12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Silver1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mcss, thanks for the offer but I got mine all set up and working already. I really like it and im glad I did it. The only pet peeve I had was that when the heater was on, it would kick on the a/c compressor for like 2 seconds every couple mins. Which was annoying, but I unplugged the a/c trigger wire (for now, just till i need the a/c) and that solved that problem. Good to go... Now if I could just get that other motor built and stick in there lol....

Quick Reply: Electric Fans? What do I gotta do exactly?