2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weathertech; Dissapointing

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech; Dissapointing

Last week I ordered a set of weathertech floormats for my truck. They cost me $70 shipped. My friend has weathertech mats for his F-150 in his front seat, and rear. The mats themselves don't look overly impressive, but the direct fit really appealed to me. When I ordered my set, it was a given these mats would perfectly fit my truck. Well, I received them a week later, and I was immediatly dissapointed. The driverside mat fits pretty nicely, but the passenger side is weak to say the least. It's very tiny, and doesn't fill the entire side. For $70, I'd damn hope the mats would perfectly fit the floor. I called them, and the dumb bitch said the mats aren't specifically designed for my truck and that they are just the "best matching fit" they have. I bought these because weathertech gives an impression all of their mats are specifically designed for every vehicle. I went to Walmart, and michelin makes a much more aggressive all-weather mat that cost $18 a piece. That's $36 for two high quality mats. I paid $70 for a big name and a ****ty product. I'm pissed now because I have to send these back and eat the shipping I paid originally and the shipping I have to pay to ship them back...I'm hating Weathertech right now.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Vader
Champion

That sucks, I try to avoid buying direct from factory like that. I usually go to Advance or AZ to see if the carry that product in case it needs to be returned.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 AM
vmann
Veteran

that sucks. Try to make them pay the shipping

Old 12-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't buy from this company but have this brand. I really like them. They hold a lot of liquid (and dog barf). I've had mine for, hmmm, since probably 98.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got me some Walmart mats that are great. No way in hell i would spend that much on floor mats

Old 12-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a set of mats from Advance Auto for $5 off the discount/closeout table they had set up one day. They fit damn near perfect, even though they were a just generic mats (not vehicle specific). I've had them for maybe 3 years now. Really do a great job. I wouldn't spend $70 on mats either.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a ****ty set in my S10. Got the rubber AutoZone mats for $40. They dont fit, even after cutting them. 2 weeks after I put them in, there is a hole in them where my foot rests.(Guess its from me flooring it!). But what do you expect from a Auto Zone. But for $40??
In the Ram I have the original carpet mats. No holes, just light stains and wearing.

I have been looking for some factory slush mats for both trucks. Those are the really thick rubber ones that last forever. The ones that I found were $70, but I think they are worth it. They also have the Dodge Ram logo in them. I like that.

These:http://dodgepartspeople.com/SearchPr...yle+Floor+Mats

Last edited by PurplDodge; 12-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I don't think all of weathertech is bad, just there floormats may be lacking I guess. I have their "in-channel" window visor things and honeslty they are perfect. I wanted something without tape and they were just what I was looking for.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Silver1500
Professional

Weathertech does make some good stuff. But that sucks about your floormats, I'd take everyones advice and try to get them to eat the shipping cost.
I got the $10 mossy oak floormats from advance and I love them. Theyre pretty heavy and they are dished so they hold alot of water/mud etc... just a thought...

Quick Reply: Weathertech; Dissapointing